another one bites the dust

tommy trucker

Good one Tommy,

have just got in myself after a bit of a trip out. Three dog foxes all taken at less than 100 yds using a "vixen bark" call and .223 VMax 55grain.

Pike

Did you use one of those black electronic vermin callers?

If so how did you use it. i.e. Do you place the box out 100 yards and wait or do you wait to you spot some fox with a lamp and then call it in.

Thanks in adavance.

EF

TLE soldering a 12 and a 20 bore cart head together was first used many moons ago by wildfowlers to call wigeon. I sometimes use a commercial one for foxes as they cost a quid at the game fair and you don`t mind losing one of those,it`s also a hands free thing so you can concentrate on the shot :D

Elma,

I saw those boxes at the ClA but never tried one but the magpie chatter sounded good.

The Vixen bark we use comes from the Primus ' Squirell buster', by giving the end of the bellows a good hard thump. We have found that at this time of the year it pulls the dogs in so well you have to stop them before they crash into you. I know it's not ideal but I will also leave a vixen on each farm if I can as they act as an attractant to pull all the rogue dogs in from the surrounding area. I tend to go on the theory that one vixen on the place is much better than plagues of roaming dogs.

Was out again last night and took another two dogs using the bark and a mouse call.

Pike