Shooting Fallow

Hubertus

@last engineer:

no the freezer had been overfilled since september ;-)

All the game you see there had been sold.

My understanding of hunting is harvesting what grows in nature within the thoughts of sustainable development. But by the way we have in Germany a List how many game we have to shoot. It makes difference between male and female and the age.

@vim:

what does Harkila clothing means?

@Mr. Pieman:

we usually hang the game by the heads. Its easier then to skin them. Only if i remove the guts not in the wood then i hang them the other side because its then easier and better.

Best wishes, Hubertus

Found another picture from last winter. Had superb 4 days hunting there. But such big bags are not normal for a single hunter. Was just luck :lol:

@pigeonmaster:

its not my own ground. a friend has the shooting right there but im member of that syndicate. It is a nice place thats right and there are nearby all deer that live in germany (Red, fallow, roe, boar) and sometimes mufflon. But the mufflons which had been there some years ago in large numbers had dissappeared nearby. Nobody knows why.

But no pigeons, and no rabbits there :-(

Hubertus

post-11-1104944980.jpg

Them pigs can be a bit nasty, we used to call them grunny pigs. When we patrolled areas at night on excercise when serving in Germany and startled a few they were very aggressive.

The farmers must have a mare with them pigs as the damage they do can look more like a JCB digger has been in the field rather than a a little fat pig.

Never got a chance to shoot any over there but theres plenty of them is'nt there.

The PM

@vim:

never heard of harkila over here. I think they are not be sold in Germany.

I can accept that people dont like such pictures. But my point of view is that we hunter dont have to be shy and make our things only in dark. That make people thin that we are doing something strange that we have to hide. Hunting is oldest craft in the world and produces superb meat!!! Thats the best reason und justification for hunting.

I live with nature and take things from nature. That is normally. And i alway think of tomorrow and coming generations. Most hunter think so. Its normall for us. And for the antis (from town):lol:

@Jonnyni and Country_est:

we dont bury any game at all. Everything we shoot (have only deer and boar) will be eaten with the exception of foxes. But probably you were joking with burying the deer. By the way: over here we get good prices dor venison. Many people want to buy venison. In Germany it is popular because it has less fat and has been grown up in nature. So we would be mad to throw it away.

@pigeon master:

boar are normally only dangerous if they have small ones or if they are wounded. Then they can get very very angry and dangerous.

Hubertus