DPMs - Unwanted Attention

PTaylor2k4

I got my DPMs today so i tried them on with my boots and all is good but my dad said if i walk down the street with a gun (in a bag on my back) someone will ring the police.... :lol:

even though its legal he said they will hastle me, please post back saying he's wrong, to my shoot its about 5 min walk.

I think he's jelous :lol:

I got my DPMs today so i tried them on with my boots and all is good but my dad said if i walk down the street with a gun (in a bag on my back) someone will ring the police.... :lol:

even though its legal he said they will hastle me, please post back saying he's wrong, to my shoot its about 5 min walk.

I think he's jelous :lol:

Sad but true.

Your old man may have a point. Personally I am trying to make the effort NEVER to take my gun into public. I carry it covered to the car (parked on a drive way not on the road) . I put in in the boot and only get it out when I am parked on Private property at my shoot.

Some people may say this is being over cautious but I would rather be like that than have to explain myself to the plod or some "liberal minded half wit".

Unfortuantly dressing in D.P.M. only attracts attention (oh the irony).

However only you know for sure as it your local area, so don't let me sway you either way.

Good luck.

i think dressing in DPMs walking 5 mins down the road aint bad compared to people racing bikes about on the fields and smashing shop windows, anyway id love it if someone stopped me id tell em where to go, maybe not to the police

:lol:

thanks dazza, the new gun stil isnt here but everything else is, scope is good but the bloody mount isnt here :lol:

:P

About thirty years ago I was invited to a shoot and had no way to get there except by train.

I had the gun, sleeved over my shoulder and carried a cartridge bag and drew no unwanted glances or attention.

I expect if I tried to do it again today there would be an armed response unit at the next station along with helecopters.

Dare I say it .........

"It's all down to common sense I guess!"

I know that there are certain areas around me that I could wander around in camo and gun bag but other places that are going to cause me grief.

But as has been said before and no doubt will be said again..... "it's the do-gooders that mess it all up!"

i walk right thru the town past the bus station ,police station ,every time i go to my permission (i dont drive)i also get the bus to some other permission i have which is five miles away ,all in camo never had a word said to me in fact quite a few folk

now say hello in the passing ,so i dont see a problem as long as you just go to your shoot and dont muck about ,and if you are stopped by the police answer their questions

cheers

the ferreter

PT,

As long as you're walking with the gun in a slip then there is no reason for anyone to make contact with you, maybe some one who goes shooting themselves but thats about it.

I'm sure you'll be OK, dont go worring about what other people think, your not breaking the law and tell your dad, youngs lads who go shooting dont go breaking into old folks homes.

Some of us have the need to get out into the countryside and spend some time with nature, the problem is some poeple and its usually the antis dont give a toss about it.

------DAZZA-----

Dont you like that cam net I gave you anymore?

The PM

i dont think people would say anything even if they didnt like it, i know most of the people here anyway, they aint too bad even though they are nosey ****s lol if they said anything it'd be kiss kiss, bang bang, good night my friend :lol:

---PM---

dazza said he was giving me 'some' net doesnt mean hes giving me all of it, although id gladly accept :lol:

PT

AAHHHH.....PT,

I can see your dads concern if you've just got yourself a bally. :P

Bet he's a very nervous man now. :lol:

The PM

Dazza, Glad to hear it mate but the net is now yours so do with it as you wish, just dont get kinky with it. Saying that I wounder what some cam net underpants would do for the wife. :lol:

It's modern day perceptions that are wrong, even though you are going about a legal pastime in a sensible manner you feel judged by society. :<

But apart from us being in the right or the wrong, you have to think of others that are in the wrong, by which I mean the anti blood sport and animal rights terrorists.

You may be a handy lad, but attract the wrong attention, say from some 17-18 year old soap dodging hippy lass, then what?

The tactics they use are to target property and family, and this is something you can't fight. I think this is one of the reasons we have to be less obvious about what we are doing. It's not right, and the police don't have the man-power or resources to protect our right to carry out our chosen sport so we have to watch who's watching us :lol:

I cycled two and a half miles in realtree once with an air rifle in its case on my back. What are the legalities of that? A cop car went past but never said anything

Perfectly legit Millomite!

I am in agreement with snakebite, I now tend to drive straight to my permission so I dont have to come into contact with any one. This is not because I am ashamed or think I am doing somthing wrong just cant be ***** getting in to an argument or assisting local buissey bodys to waste police time. Dont get me wrong, recently I haven had hassel on the land I have been shooting on by people using public rights of way, and by fu@k did they get the less elequent side of my tongue. One even threatend to take my shot gun off of me and put it whare the sun do'nt shine. I did offer him the opertunity to try but sadly he declined :lol::lol::P

As a teenager me and my m8 had permission about 5 miles from home we used to walk it or cycle it almost every day. we would get stoped more than once per week. I have never had a criminal record or dealings with the police other than regarding guns. we beleived that an anti was phoning them every time we walked past on our way out. We were so up on the law regarding fire arms that there was no way we were going to allow the police to get us on anything. we even refused to get the guns out of the case in public when the police asked to inspect them. as it is ilegal to have a fire arm in a public place and would get the guns out in the back of the police car to crys its a double barreld shot gun. It was a HW77 (underlever) thats how clued up the coppers were. Eventuly my m8 got a lawyer to persue the police for harasment and the stop checks dwindeld, they did not stop though. so we had to make a note of every time we were stoped after that.

Dave

I cycled two and a half miles in realtree once with an air rifle in its case on my back. What are the legalities of that? A cop car went past but never said anything

Legit maybe, but speaking as someone who spent a month in hospital, weeks in a wheelchair and then crutches, and years of pain after a taxi-driver 'didn't see me', I wonder if it's advisable to wear cammo on a bike?

The coppers may not have seen you come to think of it,

"ere, sarge, look, there's a pushbike pedalling itself down the road" :lol:

Legit maybe, but speaking as someone who spent a month in hospital, weeks in a wheelchair and then crutches, and years of pain after a taxi-driver 'didn't see me', I wonder if it's advisable to wear cammo on a bike?

The coppers may not have seen you come to think of it,

"ere, sarge, look, there's a pushbike pedalling itself down the road" :lol:

Haha, or just a head, i didnt have my face mask on