Should the house of lords be scrapped .

Harnser

Just seen that slime ball mandleson given an award as the best newcomer to the house of lords . Isnt it about time that the house of lords was scrapped so that we can get rid of these pompous bloodsucking unelected free loaders . I think its time they went . What do you think . Harnser .

Definately not, as Dr W said, they're a very good foil for the other House.

They've been watered down somewhat by Blair adding his own cronies, but, there's still a hell of a lot of "Huntin, shootin, fishin" types in there.

I do think they should have to sit some sort of senility test though. Having worked there a few times, I've seen some of the doddery old ******* that are Lords coming out to get cabs - very loose grasp of reality :sly:

P.

No the HoL stops some of the government **** getting passed or force changes to be made before it is passed. Without the HoL the government could pass laws / acts / bills whenever they wanted completley unchallenged. It may be far from perfect with scum like mandelslime in it but we need it to try and keep the government somewhat in check.

Absolutely not.

Anyone who knows anything about constitutional law will know that the House of Lords and the Queen are the last lines of defence against any Government that goes bad or starts to go bad.

The individual in question (Mandy) was appointed to the Lords as one of the limited few that can be put forward by policital parties. He is not representative of the make up of the House of Lords nor are the one or two Lord Chumleys who don't turn up - they are in the absolute minority.

What would be the alternative?

An elected second house - about as useful as MEP's?

Let's at least preserve some of our history.

Anyway it gives a bit of colour to be semi-ruled by the descendents of the King's mistresses, bankers and toadies (and the occasional warrior)

I would fall to my knees in despair if they got rid of the Lords, its the last bastion of common sense in the mad house.

I still think its one huge Gravy Boat, I think it could do with a bloody Hot Deep colonic flush to clear out all the Cr%p.

As for the commons, well sack the bloody lot and start again :sly:

Just seen that slime ball mandleson given an award as the best newcomer to the house of lords . Isnt it about time that the house of lords was scrapped so that we can get rid of these pompous bloodsucking unelected free loaders . I think its time they went . What do you think . Harnser .

That's enough of that commie talk you 6 fingered north of the Thames person.

LB