Realy looking forward to this one coming

lurcherboy

For those with even a passing interest in snaring foxes or rabbits please read through this booklet that has been enforced in Scotland (no doubt UK will follow suit pretty soon)

http://www.scottishcountrysidealliance.org...Scotland.pdf...

No fox wires through or under fence lines, through hedges, not attached to fences, not alongside fencelines, not on footbridges, or planks, or alongside streams or rivers . . .

. . . 4 inch loop and 3 inch high for rabbits . . .

Typical nonsensical politically minded **** I would expect to read from the so-called experts of the big Scottish country sports authorities.

When will they listen to real 'practitioners'? Or is already too late??

It bloody inflames me

And don't ignore it - it will be here soon, mark my words.

Taken from a Rabbiting site.

LB

Edited by Cranfield

Based on replies made by SACS top man, to previous threads, I think that we may deduce that SACS were satisfied with the excellent work that BASC Scotland, SGA, and others were doing in relation to this matter. Maybe SACS left the matter to be dealt with by one of the influential moles on the quiet.

I do however guess that SACS members will be far from quiet when the full potential force of this document comes into force, or is enforced. At first reading this document looks like a significant own goal to me, both to the associations which participated, and those whom at least on the face of it did not, possibly more so!

If SACS cant do the business on its own doorstep, what chance do its members in England and Wales have if Westminster decide to adopt a similar model?

webber

• 2 weeks later...

Look SACS is an organisation for people who do country sports and protect countrysports , since when did snaring become a sport?

BASC and SGA are more involved with this side of things so it kinda makes sense that they did all the work.

Stop **** stirring, this is not about which organisation is better and who is doing what its about how the Scottish government is trying to ban Snaring.

Dusty

With the greatest of respect thats the point.

"Look SACS is an organisation for people who do country sports and protect countrysports , since when did snaring become a sport?"

The Scotish government have been out to consultation over the issue. Several organisations have taken part, but on the face of it SACS did not.

Now they claim to represent country sports in Scotland. I grant you snaring is not a sport as such.

However, are you suggesting that SACS members do not employ the use of snares to protect the sport that they enjoy?

Are you suggesting that gamekeepers in Scotland whom are members of SACS do not use or advocate the use of snares as an effective means of pest control?

Or is it that as you suggest, the C E of SACS could not be bothered with the consultation, and was content to leave it to other organisations to do the leg work, and conduct the best damage limitation excersise that they could, At least no one could attach any blame to SACS, because they were not there.

When SACS members ask why not? it is easy to follow the now well established SACS protocol of failing to answer legitimate questions asked of its C E on both this and other recent issues.

webber

Please do not derail the original subject of this thread.

Also lets drop this bickering between Shooting Organisations.

Nobody should assume that all the Shooting Organisations monitor Pigeon Watch.

If anyone wants a comment from any Organisation, contact them direct, that is the correct form of communication.

Like most of these situations the powers that propose and implement the regulations ALWAYS ask for comment from the professionals. The only problem is they've already made up their minds to go ahead with it and are just going through the motions of public consulatation. Look at the current idea (fact) that NE will be releasing White Tailed Eagles into Norfolk (was originally Suffolk but the RSPB voiced concerns that Minsmere and Dunwich bird sancuaries might be at risk from predation). Bloody laughable!

Like most of these situations the powers that propose and implement the regulations ALWAYS ask for comment from the professionals. The only problem is they've already made up their minds to go ahead with it and are just going through the motions of public consulatation. Look at the current idea (fact) that NE will be releasing White Tailed Eagles into Norfolk (was originally Suffolk but the RSPB voiced concerns that Minsmere and Dunwich bird sancuaries might be at risk from predation). Bloody laughable!

Minsmere is a hotbed for breeding Bittern. The RSPB have spent a shedload of cash there on habitat to encourage the Bittern. I think they can now visualise a WTE taking a few for breakfast! It wouldn't look good would it. They particularly want WTE not neccessarily for conservation reasons (they're now common in Scotland) but for the cash it would generate by visitors through the gate.

Edited by Whitebridges