rough shooting ?

nerooo

hi there ,first of all thank you very much for all the explanation as i am glad to see people trying to help as much as they can, i have been shooting with my father for 16 years in morocco, and i have done all kind of shooting some of them you might not have clue what it is and how it look like,any way,when i first arrived to england to become british citizen, first thing i start to look for is how to to get the shoot gun certificate as i cant survive without this hobby, i looked throught the internet and i found what is the procedure etc...after all this i have done some lessons on clay shooting and trying to find out more interesting things about shooting in the uk as it is completely different with the other country i used to shoot, so is not really easy to know every thing in the same time,and is enough to be aware about the safety first which is very important,so please dont panick when there is people like me need help and dont be rude,ask your self how you start i bet you ve been strugling at the begining and you had someone to give yo help, to be honest i would really happy to have someone asking for any kind of information about this sport it doesnt matter how the question is like,by the way i have many books many document as i am trying to read all of them,but please just give me time and i am sure i ll be fully qualified for having sgc licence as you mentioned and dont worry about safety pretty sure i am fully informed.and if this forum is not for help so is it for then?

I hope after that explanation all those who judged this man without knowing the facts feel a bit bad about themselves......

But more than that i hope they learn from this and it makes them a bit inclined to help next time....old dogs can learn new tricks

and it will make our sport and forum better

I hope after that explanation all those who judged this man without knowing the facts feel a bit bad about themselves......

Not at all. My post was based on three facts from neroo (note - not conclusions I jumped to): 1) neroo was a newbie 2) neroo didn't know what rough or driven shooting was 3) neroo had been granted a SGC.

It now turns out that one of the fundemental FACTS posted by neroo isn't true and the question was actually more about the cultural differences between shooting in morocco and the UK. A substantially different and not unreasonable question.

However, my post was only based on the FACTS given to me by neroo. I've re-read what I wrote and with regard to newbie + sgc + clueless, I stand by what I said - even though this doesn't apply to neroo! Questions like this on an open forum are, in my opinion, a risk to our sport and will be seen by those on the outside as indicative of the need for compulsory testing/instruction.

Regardless of the above, my post wasn't meant to be taken as personally as it is clearly has been by some so I apologise for that. As well as commenting as I did, I also tried to be constructive by pointing neroo in the direction of th BASC website, which contains a load of info and really is worth a good look through.

But more than that i hope they learn from this and it makes them a bit inclined to help next time....old dogs can learn new tricks

and it will make our sport and forum better

Are you a teacher?

I'm struggling to think who else feels the need to be this condescending.

Not at all. My post was based on three facts from neroo (note - not conclusions I jumped to): 1) neroo was a newbie 2) neroo didn't know what rough or driven shooting was 3) neroo had been granted a SGC.

It now turns out that one of the fundemental FACTS posted by neroo isn't true and the question was actually more about the cultural differences between shooting in morocco and the UK. A substantially different and not unreasonable question.

However, my post was only based on the FACTS given to me by neroo. I've re-read what I wrote and with regard to newbie + sgc + clueless, I stand by what I said - even though this doesn't apply to neroo! Questions like this on an open forum are, in my opinion, a risk to our sport and will be seen by those on the outside as indicative of the need for compulsory testing/instruction.

Regardless of the above, my post wasn't meant to be taken as personally as it is clearly has been by some so I apologise for that. As well as commenting as I did, I also tried to be constructive by pointing neroo in the direction of th BASC website, which contains a load of info and really is worth a good look through.

I concede it takes a good man to explain himself and a better one to apologize where necessary, you may be surprised to learn in principle I agree with some of the things you say, but all ways feel its better to help than critersize.... anyway well done

Are you a teacher?

I'm struggling to think who else feels the need to be this condescending.

No I'm not a teacher, I own a used car garage, & I was a semi pro MMA fighter, two carriers which bring me into contact with lets say some "colorful people".......

But let me say this.... a lot of so call lower class people have much better manners than I sometimes see displayed on our site we're supposed to be hear to help each other... I sometimes feel the need to defend people because like most people who can fight,...... I would much rather stop one than start one...

But there are a few people on this forum who seam to think they are above others and some how own the rights to the country and all country ways, and instead of helping new comers they try to ridicule them and put them down.........

you sir I'm sorry to say seam to be one such person, I may be wrong, if I am I will appolozise,...

Maybe you feel I was condescending because attacking me is a good way to not face the fact that you yourself may of harshly judged this man (and others)..... and if you had to admit I was right it would make you feel bad,

So you post an attack on me thinly veiled in a Witty comment, but in your attempt at humor you have failed to see I was trying to stop someone been verbally bullied for asking a reasonable question.........

If you want to attack me fine .....do it by PM........ but as a respectable man and experienced shooter you can not with clear sight think it better to judge and condemn someone in preference to giving them the befit of your knowledge & helping them....... it may sound patronizing but the world would be a better place if we all felt like this

THIS IS ALL A BIT TO HEAVY FOR ME !!!!!

WHY DONT WE ALL PLAY NICE

You learn something new every day.!! I thought rough shooting was when you went shooting without having a shave first. ;)

thats never a good idea, the stubble gets caught in the neoprene shell holder on the stock, after a few hours it feels like your face has been blow torched.... :lol: :lol: ???:hmm::hmm:

thank you guys , the main thing is we are learning from each other, and the end of the day every body does what he sees better for him,is good to change information and idea i found really very helpfull and useful.thank you again,let keep it this way.