Rabbit and pigeon day , Feb/March , Aberdeen area

nipper

I have an idea for a rabbit and pigeon day sometime early next year ,after the season finishes.

The format would be meet in the morning at the bothy and split into however many teams( 2 or 3 each team ).

Then draw lots for the areas to be ferreted .

Meet again for lunch ,scores on the board etc cup of tea and tell war stories for an hour .

The draw lots again for roost shooting till evening.

Meet again at the bothy for final score .

Litre bottle of Grouse for most pigeons

Litre bottle of Grouse for Total bag .(guessed at the start of the day )(including Crows jays magpies Grey squirrels etc )

£2 per head for the sweep above ,winners take half each as well as the bottle .

A shot Fox also gets a bottle here as standard ! BUT ! the deal is if you miss the Fox ,you owe me one !!!

There will also be a prize for the most imaginative excuse for missing !!!!!!(specially picked from the oxfam shop or Ann summers ? at extortionate expense)

Anyone new to the ground will have the boundaries well explained and will not be far from someone who does.

You must also be able to show valid insurance .

I keeper 2,600 acres so there will be room for plenty . Ideally I would like to get at least thirty guns .

My beaters and local keepers will be there too .

If you are in the Aberdeen area and you fancy a day out ,get in touch by PM and I will add you to the list .

If I get enough interest ,I will start organising the day . I will try and make it a Saturday so it doesn't disturb anyone's work .

The emphasis on a safe good fun day out and you can keep what you shoot .

Well , thats the idea at the moment .

Nipper

I don't do commercial shooting at all . But a few places around here do . Are you thinking of after the end of the season or before ?

I can always have a dig around and see what I can come up with ! It would be cheaper than going through an agent !!

Just depends what when and how many.

If its just rabbits pigeon and a few Roe does that should be easy enough at the end of the pheasants.

Pheasant duck Geese ect would be a bit harder to fit in with some of the shoots fairly well booked .

Will PM my email addy to you OK .

There will be no cost from my end !!

This is going to be a day for the lads to waste a few cartridges and have a good laugh after the pressure of the pheasant season

and having to perform for everyone else . Its also a payback for the beaters who come every day and without them I would be snookered .

I have no problem opening the day up to any of the members on Pigeon Watch who would like to come .You are very welcome .

But common sense says that the distance and traveling time petrol cost ect ,will be the deciding factor in whether the day is worth it or not ?

The last thing I want is for guys to go home again at the end of the day, not happy !

On these kind of days ,some guys are lucky and some are not .Its the luck of the draw.

Anyway , the day still stands ! but I will wait untill the start of the new year before I get dates sorted out and start finalising details ect .

Merry Christmas To you all

George