Posties on strike

Pedro

What is it with you lot in whatever job you do. you always come across someone who will go that extra mile(excuse the pun)

Or be quite happy to sit on their backsides and let someone else do all the hard work. Thats life but you cant label the whole workforce the same.

I have worked in jobs and have seen it many times. Its the shame but its a fact of life And you will never make someone who dont want to work work.

As for the strike i now have a excuse why auntie Betty will not get her christmas card now to march.

Yes i am one of those people who still have not written them out. :look: :good:

xxxSuzy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the strike i now have a excuse why auntie Betty will not get her christmas card now to march.

Yes i am one of those people who still have not written them out. :look: :good:

xxxSuzy

Thats not the same aunt betty that does those awful roast spuds is it ? :lol::lol:

Andy

Even worse, you're a Quisling - unless you're a missionary.

Not at all, there`s just so much good shooting up here and all of mine, wildfowling, woodpigeon, game and stalking is totally free.........best person for the job :good:

Now, back on topic. A good friend of mine is a postie on a rural route and although not going on strike he has a hard enough job. He also helps out around the villages he serves by taking shopping to the elderly/infirm from the local shop. This in itself would be a disciplinary offence but it is overlooked by the managers as it is "custom and practice".

That said, they are well aware of those who have town walks and are finished and home well before their shift ends. A little sorting of those would help the mail service in general I think.

We haven't yet touched on the endless theft convictions generated by posties, but I thought I'd keep my powder dry for the moment.

When I worked in the sorting office at Twickenham, theiving was so bad they had a special gallery with one way glass that could overlook the whole of the floor.

AND I've done a few obs. jobs at the huge sorting office in Canning Town on dodgy posties - very interesting what goes on :good:

That said, my old man was a postie for years in Liverpool and won't hear a bad word for it in those days. He met some good mates who he still keeps in touch with even after 50yrs.

It's a shame a few bad pennies spoil it for the majority.

P.

(McF, if coming from the North West means Liverpool, you should be aware that Militant Tendency were stuffed years ago, get over it, and secondly, Boris Johnson was right.) quote

Flash no i dont come from Liverpool my town was origanally in Lancashire till the tories moved the bounderies and put it in Merseyside, but im from Lancashire born and bred and with a backbone unlike you interbred southern softies

(Well if Viz is to be the standards to which we are all collectively lumped, I imagine you were sodomised as a small boy at school and are the product of too much inbreeding ? ) quote

sodomised with a rolled up viz comic i think. :good: :look: :lol:

LV yeh yeh

Our postie as just been **** wet through freezing and red in face felt sorry for him invited him in for a cupa he refused said he didnt have time (lazy ***) :good: :look:

Yeh - To help the Postie I have just installed a commercial size (will take a telephone directory) letter plate at chest hieght. The ****** still folds the post in 4 and only half pushes it in. Have lost, had damaged, a number of inportant documents. When requested to stop said postie ignored me on 3 ocasions and then said "yeh yeh" and walked off more interested in his MP3 player - he still folds the stuff in 4 and only half posts it. This is the service they give - no wonder folks have very little simpathy - how would they feel if the milkmen emptied half their milk on the floor or cheques with their pay went astray.

They have a cob on since they were made to work full 8 hour shifts and 9 to 5 - no more second jobs and 5 hour days.