New Kid In The Class

Gordon2008

Evening Shooters

Im new here so be prepared for stupid questions! I apologise in advance.

Have just applied for my shotgun license, have permission for shooting on 300 acres of farmground on my door step so thought Id take the 1st step and get license. Grew up beating on local shoots so although Ill hopefully be new to actually shooting Ive been of dozens of shoots in my youth and had a few shots of a sg over the years. With work and family commitments ive not had any involvement with shooting for 15 yrs so things have moved on a bit!!

My plan is to get license, get cabinet and get affordable o/u. Theres a clay pigeon club just opened near me so although i`ll not join just now I can go along and get practise/tuition etc. As I said ive got permission for vermin control, pigeon, rabbit, craws etc

All going well with application then Ill be looking for a gun in the spring. My budget will only be £250 so it`ll be a 2nd hand number.

Id be grateful for some advice/recommendations etc for a gun:

I see that n/e are a bit cheaper and given Ill just be doing clays and vermin do u think that would do me?

What makes would u recommend that would be within my budget? Fixed chokes; would they be ok for my needs?

Im sure i`ll be beack with more stupid questions but thankyou in advance for reading.

Gordon

South West Scotland