John Bowkett Blueprinting

younggunner122

hi beaker, the expression comes from engineers blue which is used on say a set of engine cases

to show up any high spots ,in an airgun it means taking it apart smoothing out any rough bits

polishing the internals and generally improving a standard gun and when JB does it you will notice a vast improvement, get it done if you can,

regds brian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

im looking at getting me hands on a new bsa r10. will it be worth sending it to get blue printed?

Yes, Sort's out All the Mass production problems

And gives you better shot and accuracy than before :good:

I have a Blue Printed Scorpion Rifle in .177

Used as a Club Gun for New Shooters

Even though many have gone out and brought their own

They keep trying to borrowing my Club one ;)

BOB/R

So do all of the serious HFT and FT competitors get their rifles 'Tenched' or 'Blue-Printed'? :huh:

To be honest I would have thought that when you pay > £500 for a rifle, that you could expect it to be shooting at its best pretty much straight out of the box... :/

mateif they blue printed every rifle the cost would be throw the roof for a new one. they make then to the best they can but john just makes it that much better same as simon tench. its like when you buy a car you cant get so much extra if you put a little work in to it.

Blueprinting car engines is another job well done! You check every single part is exactly spot on, not even 'just' within the allowed tolerances, that way the machine runs as perfectly as is possible without doing extra tuning work, often not allowed in racing.

Then all the bits are cleaned, deburred, polished and so on until its giving the max power possible. :good:

Personally, unless I was taking part in HFT and was already a superb shot on the cutting edge of my game I wouldn't bother spending the money. You're unlikely to notice any improvement if you're an average shooter. Having a rifle 'blue printed' won't transform an average shot into a good one, but you spends your money...

So do all of the serious HFT and FT competitors get their rifles 'Tenched' or 'Blue-Printed'? :huh:

To be honest I would have thought that when you pay > £500 for a rifle, that you could expect it to be shooting at its best pretty much straight out of the box... :/

I agree with you on this, but from personal experience the R10 needs to be blueprinted just to get it to a workable standard