on the shoot yesterday

samyw

went pheasant shooting yesterday it woz a driven day but you shoot one then beat one .took the girlfriend with me and her 20bore shes shot pigeons before with me and shoots clays every sunday with me shes a good shot :good:

we pick our position number at the start of the day then we split into 2 teams i was in one team the girlfriend in the other it was her team first to shoot it was a drive were they come out of a wood at the top of a hill there usually high but today they were high with the wind behind them they were fast i was beating and a few birds went forward then a roe dear ran behind me nice to see i heard a few shots from the guns so there was a few birds going forward but when it go to the end of the drive i went to the girlfriend she had had a few shots but not hit anything but not to worry the next drive may be better it was at the bottom of a steep bank were the guns lined out the wood was at the top the guns were in place and a few birds started to go forward a few shots went of then alot went of indicating a good flow of birds was going forward got to the end and the girlfriends black lab had a cock pheasant in his mouth and a big smile on her face she had shot her 1st pheasant.she went on to shoot to more pheasants that day not bad to say it was the first time she had shot driven game and all the birds at the shhot are high they dont shoot low ones.

i shot a few stands that day killed a few pheasant and a grey squirrel but it was better for me to see she had a good day :good:

had to blank the girlfriends face out for obvious reasons :no:

post-13804-1230663923.jpg

This I do not understand, the blanking off of faces. IF you feel fine with posting on an Internet forum, then why post a photo only to blank off the face. IMHO that is a complete waste of time.

What are the obvious reasons that caused you to blank off the face? I have been posting on various forums for the last 6 years without a blanked off face and have suffered no repercussions, bar the obvious ones of how ugly I am.

I am of the opinion that too much of the face blanking goes on. Be proud of your chosen sport and have the fortitude to stand up for it not hide behind a blob. If you feel that you need to blank a face out to protect whoever is in the photo then don't post it. It is really that simple.

By giving in to the possibility of repercussions and blanking out a face. The anti's are winning, how long before you will stop posting photos at all? I am a member of a forum at the moment where a prerequisite for becoming a full member is that you have a photo of yourself as an avatar, a good thing IMO stand up and be counted do not give in to bullying.

Just my opinion.

TC

This I do not understand, the blanking off of faces. IF you feel fine with posting on an Internet forum, then why post a photo only to blank off the face. IMHO that is a complete waste of time.

What are the obvious reasons that caused you to blank off the face? I have been posting on various forums for the last 6 years without a blanked off face and have suffered no repercussions, bar the obvious ones of how ugly I am.

I am of the opinion that too much of the face blanking goes on. Be proud of your chosen sport and have the fortitude to stand up for it not hide behind a blob. If you feel that you need to blank a face out to protect whoever is in the photo then don't post it. It is really that simple.

By giving in to the possibility of repercussions and blanking out a face. The anti's are winning, how long before you will stop posting photos at all? I am a member of a forum at the moment where a prerequisite for becoming a full member is that you have a photo of yourself as an avatar, a good thing IMO stand up and be counted do not give in to bullying.

Just my opinion.

TC

your entitled to your opinion but it is a shame you have to hide identitys but would you be saying this if the antys found out were you lived and caused dameage or things like that you never know wot these people are capble of im proud of my sport but dont wish to show anything to the antys that could cause any problems to me

They have the town I come from; they even have photos of me. They even have my ISP# and they can trace my address from that. If they were that concerned they would have done something by now.

I would suggest that you that people who blank off faces do not have the courage of their convictions. Stand up and be counted. Or do not post pictures. Every time an anti sees a picture blanked off, they think they have won a victory, and in all truth they have! They have got a person partaking a perfectly legal sport, frightened to be associated with it.

Their constant subterfuge, leads to the feeling of condemnation by association. That is why you have blanked out the face in the photo. They are slowly eroding the pride that was once felt by every one who hunted, shot or fished. Even anglers are distancing themselves from other country sports because of the condemnation by association. Unless we all pull together there will be no need for me to teach my grandchildren how to hunt because there will be no hunting.

This is not my opinion but facts.

TC

Just my opinion.

TC

:lol::drinks:

Just my opinion.

TC

my opinion !! Everyone's got one.

If there are nutcases around that have dug up the skeleton of the mother in law of a scientist and then hidden it somewhere. Then it follows that if you are going around advertising who you are, and what you are doing, then how long will it be before some dingbat lunytune sets fire to your house or abducts one of your children or grandchildren.

I along with two of my neighbours have been on the receiving end of a bit of criminal damage and none of us knew who did it or why. Three of us had paint stripper chucked over our cars and all the plod could do was to say " we can give you a crime report number". Fat lot of good that would be when the insurance claim would write the vehicle off. It is very unnerving to live with the fact that the unknown is out there doing what they will at a time and place of their choosing.

How would it sit with you if some lunytune targeted this young lady and chucked paint stripper or worse over her face or one of your childrens ?

You are more than welcome to post your details on line but it is not your place to criticise or deride those that choose not to do so.

I do notice that you are not posting your image or address on this site.

Think on

my opinion !! Everyone's got one.

If there are nutcases around that have dug up the skeleton of the mother in law of a scientist and then hidden it somewhere. Then it follows that if you are going around advertising who you are, and what you are doing, then how long will it be before some dingbat lunytune sets fire to your house or abducts one of your children or grandchildren.

I along with two of my neighbours have been on the receiving end of a bit of criminal damage and none of us knew who did it or why. Three of us had paint stripper chucked over our cars and all the plod could do was to say " we can give you a crime report number". Fat lot of good that would be when the insurance claim would write the vehicle off. It is very unnerving to live with the fact that the unknown is out there doing what they will at a time and place of their choosing.

How would it sit with you if some lunytune targeted this young lady and chucked paint stripper or worse over her face or one of your childrens ?

You are more than welcome to post your details on line but it is not your place to criticise or deride those that choose not to do so.

I do notice that you are not posting your image or address on this site.

Think on

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...?showtopic=2211

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/upl...-1077701886.jpg

There are more if you wish to search.

TC

Now't wrong with the guy blanking out his girlfriends face to protect her from some loonies who commit all manner of crimes under the cover of darkness or face masks. Most of the loons that would commit damage won't have the moral fibre to do it openly so why make her, or possibly her family a target.

Individual choice to blank out a face.

My photo's never come up on PW or any other site, well one did but I was far far away...

My reason, well, there's no need to know what I look like is there? I shoot something and photograph that.

Nothing to do with being pro or anti hunting, i just don't think it matters.