How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

Yay!! Got my first 25 straight at Skeet today at Dartford. It was my 10th or 11th attempt at it and it seemed all too easy today for some reason. :hmm: Last two rounds were 24/25 in November and earlier this year.

So, double happy with that.

87/100 Sporting, again at Dartford. Double triple happy with that. Taking onboard what Beretta had advised me on the 'determining lead' thread. The targets there aren't the hardest in the world, but they certainly aren't gimmis either, well...stand 8 is, but the other 9 aren't.

Where's the dancing bananas when you need them... :lol:

Top shooting there Pete - no trigger freezes there then?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!! Got my first 25 straight at Skeet today at Dartford. It was my 10th or 11th attempt at it and it seemed all too easy today for some reason. :lol: Last two rounds were 24/25 in November and earlier this year.

So, double happy with that.

87/100 Sporting, again at Dartford. Double triple happy with that. Taking onboard what Beretta had advised me on the 'determining lead' thread. The targets there aren't the hardest in the world, but they certainly aren't gimmis either, well...stand 8 is, but the other 9 aren't.

Where's the dancing bananas when you need them... ;)

Well done Peter, good to see you brimming with confidence again :hmm:

Just got back from my local shoot. Shot a 60x100 and feel as though I really let myself down. I was ****. Let's not beat about the bush here, I allowed myself to shoot badly on almost every stand.

Basic format... get the first couple of pairs, miss one, start thinking about what went wrong, miss the rest. Idiot.

The one good point was hitting just about every rabbit with the gun unmounted. I also hit quite a few chondels and battues, which is unusual for me. Missed some sitters though, so I am quite upset with myself.

I now intend to mow the lawn to try and take my mind off my ****ness.

???

Well I'm totally ****** off :yes:

Went to Worsley, started off like a steam train, straighting stands or only dropping one.

Then I stopped to talk to the trap setter for 15 minutes, went to shoot the next stand (a very easy one), and dropped 4 out of 6 ?????????

Well, that was it. I gave myself a very severe beating up, swore a lot, nearly threw my gun and proceed to **** up three more stands ?????????:good:

Ended up on 74/100 :lol: should have been in the 80's.

To make myself feel better, when I left Worsley, I drove up to Bond & Bywaters in Preston to get a price for a DT10 with trade-in and I wasn't best pleased with the deal :lol: . So it made me feel worse ??? . Didn't do the deal, it was ****.

:lol: Was at Worsley today myself , did quite well , still lots of room for improvement, the last 12 carts were a miss on that stand that launches them off the 105ft tower , I'm just not quick enough to give them even more lead :yes: still will return next Wednesday to do it all again :good:

Chard there was a cheap 2nd hand DT10 in Eastern Sporting (sub £2k) last week

Probably gone by now - have a look on their webby

Had it been used to knock in fence posts? :yes::lol::lol:

I'm rather childish about this gun actually, I want a new one :good: . I know it's silly but that's me. I think I'll just do without for now, I wouldn't do the deal that was offered on principle, it was about a grand more than I was expecting ???

??? Was at Worsley today myself , did quite well , still lots of room for improvement, the last 12 carts were a miss on that stand that launches them off the 105ft tower , I'm just not quick enough to give them even more lead :yes: still will return next Wednesday to do it all again :good:

If you saw a bloke swearing like a trooper and throwing his dummy out the pram, that would be me :lol:

If you meant the high tower on stand 11 or 12, you may have been overleading them today, he'd got those quite a bit slower than usual. I straighted that :lol: but I didn't give them that much lead, you just had to be careful of the line, they were curving away from you

:lol: Chard I think it was the stand round the corner on it's own , 11 an 12 there was a group of people with a young lad about 9 or 10 he hit every pair and took out a pair with 1 shot :lol: using a camo semi , I could only stand there in admiration , a future talent :good:

Not sure where that would have been. He wouldn't have taken both on stand 11/12 with one shot, they were about 20 feet apart ???

Might have been 13, they were closer together

Some of these kids amaze me. Magmans lad Jay is a bit of a future talent too :yes: