How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tips in the "Determining Lead" certainly helped me today - changing the lead picture, stance or gun hold after missing a target. :good:

72/100 at Keston - reasonably pleased with that but as usual could have been much better - still managing to drop a pair or two after getting 6 or 8 straight - stupid errors or drop of concentration me thinks.

Well done Dave, that's better. :lol:

I had an interesting time today. I'd only dropped 4 birds up until the last stand, I was bouncing off the walls as I was on for a 66/70. I was level pegging with my shooting partner and the competition was intense, then on the last stand I killed the first pair, still in smug mode, then missed the next 3 pairs !!!! Calmed down a big and got the last pair :lol::P:good:

So 60/70 for me, and 65/70 for him. Much p1sstaking ensued. I'm gutted..... lesson learnt, don't count your chickens etc..... *whankericonhere*

Well done Dave, that's better. :lol:

I had an interesting time today. I'd only dropped 4 birds up until the last stand, I was bouncing off the walls as I was on for a 66/70. I was level pegging with my shooting partner and the competition was intense, then on the last stand I killed the first pair, still in smug mode, then missed the next 3 pairs !!!! Calmed down a big and got the last pair :lol::P:good:

So 60/70 for me, and 65/70 for him. Much p1sstaking ensued. I'm gutted..... lesson learnt, don't count your chickens etc..... *whankericonhere*

Pete,

Where were you shooting - was it the scrapyard challenge?

I did a round at JJs with Bagsy - went to fire that Remmy 1100 for the first time to find it was bust - the arms / grabby hooks that grab the spent cartridge appear to have bust off.

Shot the round with Bagsy's gun and dropped about a dozen birds.

Aye :good:

You have a free round there BTW from your class win. Fairly sure you won't be interested, but it was pretty good there this week, 1000 start got round quickly and no trap issues, not that they're common you were just unlucky that week.

So, was that a 72/84 for you? That's good shooting as always. :lol:

Pete,

I did a round at JJs with Bagsy - went to fire that Remmy 1100 for the first time to find it was bust - the arms / grabby hooks that grab the spent cartridge appear to have bust off.

Shot the round with Bagsy's gun and dropped about a dozen birds.

Mung stick with it best gun ever made you will agree when its sorted :good:

44ex50 today. There was a tower bird that i just couldn't hit! Dropped 5 alone on that bird/stand. Missed another daft one on the previous stand. It wasn't a hard shoot but i was please with the consistency. Shame about that tower.

I shot an 86x100 at a reg all round this morning. Happy with the score given the absolute howlers that I had on the skeet and DTL (21 and a 19!!) scraped it back with a 22 on ABT and a 24 on sporting, which I was extremely happy with after learning that the next highest was 20! Back to the drawing board then!

Tips in the "Determining Lead" certainly helped me today - changing the lead picture, stance or gun hold after missing a target. :blink:

72/100 at Keston - reasonably pleased with that but as usual could have been much better - still managing to drop a pair or two after getting 6 or 8 straight - stupid errors or drop of concentration me thinks.

Bigweed, I thought you were going to Robin Hood with Jon. You should have let me know you were going to Keston and I would have given you a nudge & wink.

Nevermind, said to Jon about doing a round somwhere one weekday soon. I'm sure he'll let you know.

Got 68 on my second round (59 first round). Good to see the scores are creeping up. The fast crossers with the rabbit & the looper got my goat. Think I managed to hit the bloody things once out of both rounds. Other than that I did ok on the others. Changing picture when missing certainly helps, just need to work on concentration and not think too much about them in future should get my scores up.

first time back at Fennes for allmost 6 months, 64/100, those damn towers did for me again, anything going away quartering or incoming /teal no probs but high birds, It will take me ages to get to know the amount of lead again. :-(

M.

Home for 2 weeks

:P second time at Fennes, 70/100 better, I seemed to have cracked the r/l crossers on stand 1 (8/10) and the l/r crossers on stand 5(?), now it the high incomers I have to practise on 1/10 :-(

. and sharped up on the easy ones.

Went to a local shoot last night nothing to special but not easy either shot 25 sporting and straighted it :lol:

All thanks to beretta :good: as i stood back and read the clays before shooting them :lol:

Chard look out on saturday :unsure: might even pop out today and shoot a few more :good:

Went to a local shoot last night nothing to special but not easy either shot 25 sporting and straighted it :yes:

All thanks to beretta :good: as i stood back and read the clays before shooting them :lol:

Chard look out on saturday :yp: might even pop out today and shoot a few more :lol:

You won't last long against me. You can straight a 25 bird haybale job when I'm not there, but as soon as I start shooting, you'll go to pieces :good:

Bring some beer to cry into on Saturday :unsure:

You won't last long against me. You can straight a 25 bird haybale job when I'm not there, but as soon as I start shooting, you'll go to pieces :good:

Bring some beer to cry into on Saturday :lol:

Best start thinking of your excuses now , what will it be new gun , curry last night, wrong shoe's on ,overworked of late ?

:unsure: :good:

Ps, think we sould have a round on the skeet aswell :yes::lol:

Best start thinking of your excuses now , what will it be new gun , curry last night, wrong shoe's on ,overworked of late ?

:unsure: :good:

Ps, think we sould have a round on the skeet aswell :yes::lol:

:good:

Get out there and shoot some severed mammal legs :lol:

Edited by Chard

nice result magman. :good::lol:

chard will go to pieces on skeet, way to hard for him :unsure: :yes: his excuse will be hes been up all night getting his tackle ready. :yp: :lol:

Tackle's ready :good:

Zziplex dusted off, new gaffer tape to hold the rings on. Multiplier given a new splash of motor oil and I've dug the worst of the sand out of the bearings :lol:

You might just have the edge on me on the skeet :lol: , that was a shock to the system, I'm not used to shooting clays off the end of my nose. You wouldn't stand a chance on the ball trap though