How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

Well shot Beretta and Paulos, I finished on 87 but like Beretta felt the targets were a bit tame especially for an England selection shoot. Whatever the targets though, to get into the 90's at any sporting shoot is worthy of a big :good:

Mr Potter

Nicely done Mr P :yes:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was joint 1st in A class so got some wonga to take home :lol: As did Nicky, who was well up in C class - well shot :good:

No wonga for me on this occassion - just checked the scores here and i finished 4th in C Class missing out on the dollar by a single bird :lol:

You can check out the full scores here though:

http://www.conistonshootingground.com/docu...ortingshoot.pdf

Looking forward to Catton this weekend and NOE in August though for the chance to make ammends :P

A most exhilarating Wednesday evening shooting at Doveridge.....5 Sporting stands to start, 3 doubles on each, shot a 26/30 then did a DTL session with my coach and my new (to me, anyway) Beretta semi-auto was fantastic, vapourised clays on the 3rd 4th and 5th stands but I missed most on the 1st and 2nd..... I know some folk say DTL is boring, maybe its just because I've only started, but I really enjoyed it. Shot 28g fibre carts for the first time and quite liked them, but the Hull Compx 28g fibre seemed to lack punch and were not cycling nicely through the Beretta - changed to Pro Comp 28g fibre and they were great, no cycling problems. Didn't notice any recoil either. A great confidence building evenings shooting!! :unsure: :hmm:

Well it started of ok for me scoring 7's etc, then fluffed up 3 stands in a row scoring 2, 3, 4 to finish 55/100 :rolleyes: But it was my first round with my new gun and cartidges I've never used before so I'm happy, especially as I straighted the last stand.

Wookie did much better than me...

Got 82/100 at Worsley today, shot like a **** :rolleyes:

Well, I suppose I'm getting more consistent on the relatively easy stands. I used to habitually drop 1's and 2's but now I tend to straight more of them. Anything a bit different tends to **** me up though, which it really shouldn't do

I'm going to have to shoot better than that at Catton Hall tomorrow :rolleyes:

Edited by Chard

Got 82/100 at Worsley today, shot like a **** :rolleyes:

Well, I suppose I'm getting more consistent on the relatively easy stands. I used to habitually drop 1's and 2's but now I tend to straight more of them. Anything a bit different tends to **** me up though, which it really shouldn't do

I'm going to have to shoot better than that at Catton Hall tomorrow :rolleyes:

Yes you will :lol::lol:

Shot 22 on the skeet today with no 6 half choke .

Beretta AL391 20g :P

New gun and experimenting with eye patch thingymajob..... :good::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol:

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh. Pieces of eight, splice the mainbrace

sexy-pirate-man-costume.jpg

To warm not enough wind and thousands of thunder flys :good:

So went to pick up new gun and got to shoot it before buying :good:

Semi-auto eh :P

What brought that on? :good:

Tried some of the stands at the CLA Gamefair today, some were quite testing, others easier, but when it came to the 40 bird sporting comp, I gave up after the 4th stand as the queues were taking so long it was taking nearly an hour to get to shoot at a stand, and I really didn't want to spend 8 hours on an 8 stand 40 bird comp......the doggie creche would only keep my dog for 4 hours anyway. :rolleyes: Layouts were quite nice, some interesting stuff and high towers, but too many low right-to-left crossers for my liking - needed a bit more variety!! I was pleased I managed to straight a few of the have-a-go stands as it was quite confidence building - I've only had the gun 2 weeks and been shooting for a few months in total. I'll go to other gamefairs, but will visit the clays first up next time!!

Hairyduck and I went to High Harthay this morning for a nice round of sporting. Both of us managed one straight stand, but the gorgeous weather kept putting us off. Hairy was also using his new gun, so had some bother on a couple of the stands, but overall made a good account of himself on some tricky birds. I think he got a 52.

I managed a 70, but thought I was going to mess it up after a couple of stands that caught me out. Luckily a straight on the last stand and a couple of 8s and 9s helped me along. Hairy still managed to make the stand 1 look easy though. Shot it like a pro.

I then managed to get out into the field and add 13 bunnies to the freezer. Got to love the .22 and the HMR!

PB for me today at Keston 80/100. Then on to Gatton Botton and did a 79/100 - pleased with that - first in C class (members) at the time of leaving . Also picked up 2 boxes of carts for second in C class (members) from last meeting.

Update - highest C Class score at Keston - 86 - enough said

Edited by Bigweed

Tried some of the stands at the CLA Gamefair today, some were quite testing, others easier, but when it came to the 40 bird sporting comp, I gave up after the 4th stand as the queues were taking so long it was taking nearly an hour to get to shoot at a stand, and I really didn't want to spend 8 hours on an 8 stand 40 bird comp......the doggie creche would only keep my dog for 4 hours anyway. :yes: Layouts were quite nice, some interesting stuff and high towers, but too many low right-to-left crossers for my liking - needed a bit more variety!! I was pleased I managed to straight a few of the have-a-go stands as it was quite confidence building - I've only had the gun 2 weeks and been shooting for a few months in total. I'll go to other gamefairs, but will visit the clays first up next time!!

What were they charging for the 40 bird comp?