sbs or o/u?

lister1

I am in the same situation. On a budget, but I just love the look of a side by side. Over and unders are a lot cheaper though.

I have no experience shooting side by sides. Are they really more difficult to use?

Thanks,

Vincent

Suposedly, but I shoot better with a SbS.

Ive got and shoot both. I was "brought up" on a ou and have done all my clay shooting with it, however i always use my sbs for rough shooting.

I prefer the look of my sbs, i think as a rule they are far better looking guns than an ou. I cant say i shoot better with one or t'other though really....equally awful!!

i'm thinking maybe a sbs but are they ok for clays? i've only ever shot clays with a o/u. i do prefer the feel of a sbs when out rough shooting game but i'm looking to do more with decoying pigeons this year, i suppose it makes no diffrernce what you shoot as long as your comfortable.

Cost isn't an issue. I got a S/H AYA Yeoman sbs double trigger n/e for £100

Bought it to take out in bad weather (instead of semi-auto or tasty O/U) and it is now my firm favourite in the cabinet and gets more outings than the others :innocent::rolleyes:

Nige

(for rough shooting and clays)

Edited by Supersonic

the reality is that an o/u will be easier to learn with by 90% of people, but a semi will make learning even easier than the o/u in many ways. if you shop around you should find a half decent gun for say £350 of any type. If your struggling at clays book yourself some lessons, you will thank yourself in the long run

i'm thinking maybe a sbs but are they ok for clays? i've only ever shot clays with a o/u. i do prefer the feel of a sbs when out rough shooting game but i'm looking to do more with decoying pigeons this year, i suppose it makes no diffrernce what you shoot as long as your comfortable.

you'll get a few funny looks at the clay ground but it dosent matter its not the gun its the bloke behind it that counts . S/S are fine for clay shooting its because theres less recoil in an o/u and that makes shooting it a lot at clays more comfortable. Like i said before its what feels right to you :hmm:

well i went to a local gun dealer thiss weekend and got myself a faranaca (think i've spelt the correctly, it's spanish ) sbs and a webley scott moderated .410

the sbs has some lovley engraving i'll get a photo on here at some point. got both guns and 3 boxes of 12b catridges and 3boxes of .410 all for £300.