Rain is it worth going

barbel-brad

Hi all i am new to this and am looking for some advice I have Thursday off work and was going shooting however the weather forecast for Northants is heavy rain with some hi windy gusts i guess the question is will it be worth going or will the pigeons stay in the woods around the fields i shoot.

Regards Brad :good:

It depends if you have woods / trees on the land, I dont think pigeon decoying will work too well in the rain, but if you can get under them in the woods they will be hesitant to fly off so with an air rifle you could have some good sport.

if the weather is broken it might be worth a crack...

It depends if you have woods / trees on the land, I dont think pigeon decoying will work too well in the rain, but if you can get under them in the woods they will be hesitant to fly off so with an air rifle you could have some good sport.

if the weather is broken it might be worth a crack...

Hi all i am new to this and am looking for some advice I have Thursday off work and was going shooting however the weather forecast for Northants is heavy rain with some hi windy gusts i guess the question is will it be worth going or will the pigeons stay in the woods around the fields i shoot.

Regards Brad :lol:

I never take notice of the forcast,

More often than not they are Wrong !!!

Take some waterproofs just in case, some times a good bit of rain in the distance can drive the birds right into your face

GO SHOOTING !!! LOL

Are you going to the PW shoot at sywell in Feb ?

Wabbit

PS

GO SHOOTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go for it, just put some top cover on your hide so that if it really starts to lash you can keep yourself dry and your cart boxes from turning to paper mache!

Nice to see another Northants shooter on here btw, you are from the same town as me!

ZB

I never take notice of the forcast,

More often than not they are Wrong !!!

Take some waterproofs just in case, some times a good bit of rain in the distance can drive the birds right into your face

GO SHOOTING !!! LOL

Are you going to the PW shoot at sywell in Feb ?

Wabbit

PS

GO SHOOTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Regards Brad :welcomeani:

Well we are going out at 6.30 get the decoys set up and get under the flight line ready for them to wake up and come over should be home and dry by 1.00pm i will let you know how i get on.

Brad

Well we went got wet not many pigeons about set out some shell decoys and a magnet a few came in we packed up around 3.00pm so we had 5 hours in the end with 9 pigeons to show for it.

So i guess it was worth going as i have had worse days in my short pigeon shooting carer when the weather has been good.

Brad :good:

Edited by barbel-brad