is it really worth it?

me and my two friends who i shoot with are thinking of buying and rearing and releaseing some pheasants. we think maybe a couple of hundred day olds.

anyway i was just wondering is it worth it in money and time and effort?

any advice would be nice. nothing is set in concrete yet it's just an idea. :good:

i was just wondering is it worth it in money and time and effort?

It depends what you want to get out of it.

If you want to spend a lot of time and money on rearing, releasing and keeping (hopefully) your birds to provide some sport

for you, your pals, and your neighbouring farms, during the winter months, then it will probably be worth it.

If, however, you just want to put Pheasant on the table then it will absolutely be cheaper to buy

them ready prepared on a plastic tray from the butcher.

I'm not saying this to try and put you off, but if you go into it with both eyes open, knowing

what to expect, then you are less likely to be dissapointed.

It depends what you want to get out of it.

If you want to spend a lot of time and money on rearing, releasing and keeping (hopefully) your birds to provide some sport

for you, your pals, and your neighbouring farms, during the winter months, then it will probably be worth it.

If, however, you just want to put Pheasant on the table then it will absolutely be cheaper to buy

them ready prepared on a plastic tray from the butcher.

I'm not saying this to try and put you off, but if you go into it with both eyes open, knowing

what to expect, then you are less likely to be dissapointed.

To right Browning, especially the time.

How about some ex layers, more savvy than poults in the wood.

Rgds D2D

Yes they are definately more savvy than poults in the wood. Trouble is they wont stay in the wood for long, they'll be over your boundary quick as a flash and probably straight out the other side of your neighbours boundary too. In short you'll put them down, see them for a little while then you will recover less than 17%. We tried them once, a never to be repeated experiment.

Edited by Sprinter