Hello from Cyprus

aantoni

Hi. From the moment i discovered your forum i am all day searching it! It's great :welcomeani: .

I am 29, from Cyprus and because i am coming from a traditional hunters family, i am hunting since i was a child. I usually hunt partridges, hares and i love thrushes hunting. The last year i have started hunting woodpigeons and i am really excited. I am sure that i will a lot from you about.

Sorry for my English.

Antonis

Hi. From the moment i discovered your forum i am all day searching it! It's great :welcomeani: .

I am 29, from Cyprus and because i am coming from a traditional hunters family, i am hunting since i was a child. I usually hunt partridges, hares and i love thrushes hunting. The last year i have started hunting woodpigeons and i am really excited. I am sure that i will a lot from you about.

Sorry for my English.

Antonis

Hi Antonis welcome to PW its good to hear from our members from abroad, I am sure we will likewise learn from you.

What do you shoot with?

Not too sure about the "Thrushes Hunting" we like our songbirds in the garden, not on our plates ha ha.

But do you eat them?

Regards D2D

Edited by dusk2dawn

hi Antonis wonderfull country i have been to pathos several times and going again in april or may do you hunt rabbiit as well and what rifle do you hold i use a cz22lr rimfire with winchester subs. by for now and welcome callie nickter sooy about spelling

phil

and good hunting

The thrushes hunting is one of the most famous in my country and also we really enjoy eating them! Maybe that's strange for you cause you have them everywhere. :welcomeani:

I am shooting with:

Brno(really old, don't know the model) side by side

Baikal mp 43 side by side

Diana 460 magnum (air rifle)

Diana 32 cal.

and i am going to buy soon a new over and under shotgun, i am thinking of Browning Cynergy Sporter.

Hi. From the moment i discovered your forum i am all day searching it! It's great :sly: .

Sorry for my English.

Antonis

Wellcome Αντωνη it is an excelent site worth reading with lots of information. I am Greek have been shooting in Greece

for many years now and I do envy the number of Wood Pigeons they get get over ther!!! I dont know what numbers you get

over in Cyprus but over hear you have to be an excelent shot and a very luky one to get a few.!!!

Have really good friends in Cyprus although never visited.java script:add_smilie(%22:welcomeani:%22,%22smid_63%22)

Welcome Antonis, it's a great forum so enjoy becoming one of the family.!

My parents are born in Cyprus (Nicosia and Meniko) I am born over here in England, a cousin was over here in the summer from Cyprus and he loves his hunting. We had many chats about shooting and the methods we both use. Unfortunately he wasn't over here long enough so that I could take him out.

Thanks for your good words.

Everyone who had visited Cyprus I am sure that love it. I think its a good place for holidays, but not for hunting...

We really have few numbers left of native birds like partridges and all the visitors birds just pass from the island for few days. They don't stay here because they can't find nice climate and food, for that responsible is the drought. Another issue is the really big number of hunters (50.000) in combination with the really few areas to hunt. In the game reserved areas are really big amounts of birds and hares and they never get out from that places. ???

This hunting season was the worst that ever been in the island and I hope that this will change soon because I can't like this.

Now about wood pigeons... You can see a lot of them in the game reserved areas, but outside of them you can see really few amounts. You can shoot sometimes but you can't shoot numbers of them like other countries.

By reading posts in this side I will try to learn some tricks so I can find the good places for hunting and for increasing my amounts. I also hope that I will come soon to England for hunting!