a bit to serious?

petrol_head29

right im going to say this, some may not like it and some will probalbe agree, that is if this poast is around long enouth for you to read it,

is it me or is this site abit to serious?

im constantly getting PMd bye admin to say that im not aloud to do this im not aloud to do that, like a link in a poast, fair enought so i put the item number, then receive a telling off, it dosent say in the rules no item numbers, then i get told of to replying to my own poast and thretend with a warning or suspension! i have been and am a member on other forums and they are brilliant! people are aloud to do things without some admin getting in a huf and deleting your poast or info in it! it seems like they wont it to be so perfect and any chance to show authority they do. its a pigeon shooting forum so get over it, were not in parliment! but i supose thats how it is nowerdays and i think thats sad. i understand the site needs to be run well but cumon cut us some slack!

this poast will probably be deleted before many read it and i think its unfair if it is because this is my opinion and from what ive read the opinion of quite afew others,

No it is definetly you,

If you stick to the forum rules then you have no issue, if you don't want to then go back to the other forums you think are so great.

It is some achievement to keep being PM'd by admin when you only have 34 posts to your name. I would have banned you by now.

You are obviously victim of breaking the rules. ebay is not a banned site but members are not permitted to advertise in the sales section, any item that is for sale on ebay. In addition, it is also considered that bumping, i.e. replying to your own posts is nothing more than a waste of time and completely pointless. It doesn't 'bump' your topic and is of no benefit whatsoever.

If you don't follow the rules, a member of the team will contact you. Its fairly simple. We don't do it because we're power hungry or feel an urge to wield any power, we do it to keep the forum running smoothly. Isn't that what everyone wants?

thats what i dont get! its full of good people and i consider my self to be one of them, just seems like the admin are out to get me

there are days when i feel like that as well. you have to remember that that mods are normal folk, who also have crappy days too. They sometimes can be a bit harsh, but most of the times its in the interest of the site. Sometimes, they can be right nobs as well, but for the sake of peace, lick your wounds and get on with it.

You should see the amount of bollkings i get from the mods, then you would feel hard done by :lol::blush:

ok thanks for explaning that,

i just felt i needed to say somthing. i compleetly understand wear you are coming from i just felt like i was being targeted. i didnt realise replying to my poast before anyone had poasted was not aloud. and as for ebay i understand the links side of things but i gave people the item number and that ment they had to phisicly find ebay themselfs and type in the item number, and that was not stated in the rules as not aloud.

There are far, far stricter forums out there.

For EXAMPLE, a film site with a very interesting news bar including constant reminders to "search before posting" and a rule that users are only permitted 5 posts per day, or be banned, no questions asked.

We all get posts removed, and sometimes get a slap on the wrist. Generally though if you read the rules and stay within them you will have no problems.

If you accidentally break a rule and get told so, simply dont do whatever again and dont take it personally.

ZB

Try walking in my shoes? I am a Yank.. They just love the hell out of me :good: Martin is right.. We all have bad days.. And they are just doing their jobs.. :lol:

Why would a "Yank" have 2 confederate flags as an avatar? Or is it ironic?

Just askin :blush:

And on topic, mods have a difficult job with many thousands of members.