CCI Sub .22lr bullets are rubbish....

Tommo

Right...... :yes:

I bought 400 from my local supplier, 2nd box - 1st wasn't great (about 10 missfires), the second box 35 misfires - out lamping last night was a nightmare, started out about 7pm, started well - first 5 shots accounted for 5 rabbits, then it all started to go pear-shaped. The next 5 mags (5 shot mags) were a complete waste of time 1 in 4/5 shots went off.

I checked everything which naff'd up the field we were in as l was working with a small led pencil torch to check bolt, action, mag, barrel and then emptying, dry firing (action worked fine, pin was working ((could hear the clicking and it was 'cocking)) then tried loading it again form the other side of the box - same happened....ruined the night and missed loads of bunnies.

Got home checked rifle again and it was fine, checked the 'fired bullets again the misfires and they look the same when compared i.e. pin location, amount of strike etc.

Bullets are kept in a bullet cabinet in a warm dry place along with all my others for other calibre's, these have done this before to me - never had a prob with my Remmi HV yellow jackets ever....

Ruddy waste of time :yes: - need subs for some of the places l shoot, whats a reliable alternative?

;):yes:

D2D,

Checked everything over mate and the rifle/bolt/action is fine l even put 20 HV's through it today and not one missfired...

....Whats the cost of Eleys etc? Think the CCI's were about £6.50 ??

Just bought Eley subs y,day £17.88 for 250. I rate them as best, have shot 1000,s without any probs.

Rgds D2D

I've allways used cci subs and found my gun likes them ( same as your gun) and I have only ever had a problem with one box of 100 that every other was a banger rather than a sub - but never had a misfire - I'd speak to who you got them from and also I'd give your bolt a service just in case as it don't cost any thing!

• 3 months later...

i use cci s in my cz 452,work fine,do have the odd flyer but not many,as for winchester x s ,jamm nearly every round in mine,strange,best advice is get a couple of boxes of different rounds and try them in your gun,when you get a good un,try and buy as many as you can in one go. :hmm: