BAIKAL DOUBLE DISCHARGE

oneinthechamber

Does it have a barrel selector ? (Lets you choose which barrel you fire first)

If so make sure its definately pushed to the side of whatever barrel you want and not in the middle. Might work might not. Heard of a similar problem and that was the cause :good:

No barrel selector single selective trigger selects the barrel but i leave it alone. ( unless i'm unknowingly touching it )

I think you have the one where you push the trigger forward to select top barrel. I had a problem with one years ago, but only the once. It never happened again. As stated, if it keeps on doing this, a trip to your RFD or gunsmith may be the best bet.

Thats the one, and i think your right i dont fancy putting a couple of 42gram BB's in it

• 3 weeks later...

andy,

Go to shotgunworld.com. In their forums there is a baikal forum. There are quite a lot of guys there that know everything there is about the baikals and their offspring. The double discharge isn't a common thing, but it isn't unknown either. There are guides on what to check and how to fix pretty much any problem with a baikal.

When I had my Spartan, it was really tough to open and close. That is a pretty common problem with Baikal's/Spartans. It is the ejector springs that are extra powered. You can either replace them with lighter springs, or more commonly you can trim a few coils off the springs. I trimmed 6 off of each of mine and it worked a treat. It was much easier to open and close and it didn't eject the cartridges 20' over your shoulder.

Thanks,

Rick