.22 eley subsonics

labrador

I'll stick my neck out and say aim on target if your setting up your scope.

At 25 yards the bullet is still rising relative to the scope - which will have differering results at various heights above the barrel. The bullet will again pass zero somewhere not very far away from 60 yards on its downward trajectory. This is the primary zero. In fact you'll often find advice to initially zero at about 25 yards when setting up a new scope.

I would wind the scope up 8 clicks taking your adjustment to be 1 click = 1/4" at 100 yards. (So it would be 1/16" at 25 yards.) The Lee enfield No8 rifle requires 2 clicks up from 25 to 50 yards (the adjustment on THIS rifle is 1 click = 1/4" at 25 yards.)

Hope this helps a bit :good:

:good: this all depends on the scope hight ( to center) above the center line of the barrel, the calculations page will work it all out as near as, but practice is the only real way to find out, the calculation page can be set to scope height, max distance and increments of say 5 yards, zero range, I've already posted up the other info you need, you can even print off a range card for future use :good:

have a play :blink:

Im afraid i dont understand the relevance to scope height-lets assume, for arguments sake, that we pop said rifle into our trusty black & decker workmate and ,after putting our targets at 25 and 60 yards, we then tinker with the clamped rifle until it hits the bull at the first target.No matter at what height you then place a scope and adjust the crosshairs to the bullet strike point-the bullet will still hit the bull on the furthest target.Surely the only variations are caused by the bullet velocity and their various trajectory paths? :blink:

Quite simple really, if the line of sight was say an exaggerated 5 inch higher than the center of the barrel then the angle that the bullet would take to intersect the sight would be more exaggerated too, leaving a long period in between ( as in yards) before the bullet would again cross the line of sight, on its way down if you like, if that makes sense ?

Im afraid i dont understand the relevance to scope height-lets assume, for arguments sake, that we pop said rifle into our trusty black & decker workmate and ,after putting our targets at 25 and 60 yards, we then tinker with the clamped rifle until it hits the bull at the first target.No matter at what height you then place a scope and adjust the crosshairs to the bullet strike point-the bullet will still hit the bull on the furthest target.Surely the only variations are caused by the bullet velocity and their various trajectory paths? :blink:

In real life your average scope will probably have a 44~50mm objective lens centre at about 2" above the centre of your barrel, so the "other" (primary) zero will be at about 48 yards. Here are two extreme examples of scope height regarding the view of the bullet as it passes the crosshairs on its path through your 25 yard zero till it is again seen in the crosshairs.

Note the different scope heights used Just consider the red line as the bullet path. Ignore the other colour lines unless you propose to use one of the scopes this free program was designed for. Credit for these images is due to Hawke optics.

25and60yardzeros.jpg

25and36yardzeros.jpg