Hunts

ollie

I was a bit late getting out this morning (owing to a central heating oil problem) and was a bit late getting to the East Kent Hunt Meet.

As I got near, it was obvious that I would have to park and walk quite a way, due to all the parked vehicles.

As I wanted to be at the Wye Beagles Meet at 12 noon and being afraid I would miss it, I decided to turn round and go straight to Wye.

I later found out that there were hundreds at the East Kent Hunt Meet, they had music, songs, speeches and quite a festival atmosphere.

There were a few "Monitors", but apparently no incidents.

There were about 70 people at the Wye Beagles Meet, plus a Meridian TV crew and Press reporters.

The Hunt Chairwoman made a speech and the pack was walked round Wye.

A white van with about a dozen "Monitors" turned up near the end, all dressed in black combat outfits, full face balaclavas and waving video cameras at everyone.

They were also accompanied by two young men, one holding a large (old fashioned looking) TV type camera. Both had "BBC News" on the backs of their reflective jackets, one being badly hand written, made you think that they didn't really work for the BBC.

The "Monitors" didn't do, or say much, just pushed their way through the crowds (mostly older people and children...pity beagles don't have terrier men) and looked menacing.

The four Police in attendance took no notice of them and continued videoing the Supporters.

Although the Meet had practically finished when the "Monitors" arrived, some people felt threatened enough to leave, probably earlier than planned.

That was the unfortunate part of what had been a good show of support for the Wye Beagles.

The official definition of "drag hunting" is now that a pack of hounds flushes a fox or foxes from a wood to waiting Guns.

The Guns shoot the foxes.

The dead foxes are then used to lay scent trails for the hounds to follow.

Brilliant!

More foxes get killed; None escape .

The hounds and horses get their exercise.

The redcoats get their day in the country.

The antis die of embarrassment!

Brilliant! Bloody Brilliant!!!

:lol:

Fantastic day out WOODLAND PYTCHLEY Hunt in the morning Great turnout no visible "MONITORS"/Antis couple of plod 300-400 spectators, the horses went out to "Excercise" the hounds

What a sight Bl###Y fantastic

PIPEWELL FOOT BEAGLES in the afternoon Beagles were again "Excercised"

we got to walk them on leads round the Dukes place What a great day out

Spot on , met some fantastic people

Again No Antis No bother at all , one plod came , had a chat with the master, then left.

Labour gov "UP YOURS"

Antis "UP YOURS"

Long live the Hunt Atmosphere

:lol:;) :( :lol::lol:

WB

I was at the hampshire hunt and wow what a turn out. Must have been a couple of thousand (no exageration)of supporters and about 100 horses on the field. No antis and a great atmosphere. Only trouble was that the p.a system that the huntsmen were speaking on, turned over and died. The plod was there trying to follow the hounds (gave us all laugh) but apart from that it was a good day!

You missed the antis then Fish.

The hunt packed up early and after hounds and most horses had left about a dozen of the scumbags turned up at the big house.They drove their landy into the back of a hilux and had the bloke standing behind it not have had his wits about him he would have had his legs crushed.Two coppers there did sod all. One of them said when asked why he didnt arrest the driver that if he had of done then they might have all jumped him and there were only a couple of them there at the time.

Mob rule is alive and well and living in the uk

I stayed for about an hour and a half, but had to leave after that. To be honest i can't realy see what good the police were doing at all apart from getting in the way. If they can't be bothered to arrest idiots like that, then we might just as well all pack up and emigrate.

We were expecting the hunt to pack up at about 3.30.

Bob Collins carried the horn for the last time yesterday and used it little.According to someone I spoke to he refused to lie to his hounds by chivvying them onto a false trail.That coupled with a nasty accident to one of the field. It was about 2.00 when we heard that they had packed up so we made our way back to the house.That is when it kicked off. I expect the scum were waiting in the woods but when they heard we had finished made their way to the house instead.

One fox was accounted for though. Dug out and shot then given to the pack.What a total waste of time this ban is proving to be .

Looks like this is turning into an HH supporters forum ;)

I went to the meet and spent a while chatting in the car park but didn't hang around to watch the farce. At least Mark had a result :lol:

Bob Collins carried the horn for the last time yesterday

What a sad way to end his career :(

Q :lol:

Went to the FIZTWILLIAM HUNT at Milton Park in Peterborough - what a beautiful venue !

For those of you who haven't been I reccommend it.

They had a rough count and reckoned there were 1500 people supporting (that was without the 100+ horses and riders !

Not an anti in sight at the start but I must admit we only stayed for 5 minutes after the pack left.

Loads of port, loads of laughs and a bery inspiring speech at the beginning.

One police officer was there in a nissan 4x4 but only stayed for five minutes - a token gesture i presume.

Like we said on the day though - it's great that lots of people went out on the 19th, but that is not the end of it - the same numbers need to go next week and the week after and the week after that...........

I did read in the news of the world (classy paper !) that one anti got threatened with 'a bullit through her head if she didn't ****** off' I have to admit i chuckled :rolleyes:

I had a great time at the East Kent Hunt at Crundale, the first time I have been to a hunt.

Speeches, band, poem by a young hunter - the best bit for me was the horses following the hounds out over magnificent countryside, watched by real country folk. Great atmosphere and a warm welcome.

I wanted to follow the hunt but due to the speed of the horses I did not rate my chances on foot, and by car was not really on as I did not know the area and it took me over 1/2 an hour getting out of the car park, due to the numbers turning out in support.

I will definitely attend again, and was a bit surprised at how much I enjoyed it - if only a small introduction - but then being in great company in fantastic countryside I should have known it would be good.

If you have never been to a hunt I would recommend it.

Looking forward to next time.

Andy CM

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...?showtopic=7892

Went to watch my local hunt Saturday. There was in excess of 1000 people present, 100+ riders alone.

Police were low key; only saw 4 coppers and they were there for control traffic on the local roads.

Never saw any Anti's

We had a number of conservative MPs give speeches.

The hunt left for a parade through the local village.

Then went on for a drag hunt