skid512

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ey up fellas,

Just a thought that Ive had :lol: ......(can ya smell the burning?) :lol:

We should all get to gether on here and arrange to share shoots at some point....We all know how hard it is to get permission these days and as we all live local to each other we could arrange amongst ourselves to share our shoots for a day/few hours here n there.

Some of us might have loads of rats and we can swop with someone who has loads of bunnies for example.... this way we can all get a different shooting experience and make some good friends along the way.

Also if someone has loads of pigeons hammering a crop and they cant keep up with em, knowing someone to jump on with you and help out for a day here n there will help to keep you in the Farmers good books....and Im sure the same goes for rats n bunnies etc

Obviously insurance and safety may be a concern here but I'm sure we can all sort that out amongst ourselves and decide who's who and whats what.

After all if we are invited on someone elses permission for a day, I'm sure we wont mind being told some ground rules and do's and dont's before we start shooting, purely out of respect for the host and his permission.

I just think that this may open up some great opportunies for us that we may never have had if we hadn't ever given it a go.

Let me know your thought Guys n Gals.

Happy hunting.

Jase. :good:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just spotted the posts about Arthur Turners.....(sorry not been on much due to connection problems).

Mick Dixon is the Guy who used to run the shop and he now trades from Home...He still sells Airguns, FAC and SG's etc along with the usual gun shop stuff.

Its not really a type of set up where you can browse the shop as it is a converted garage with walk in safe for all the guns and ammo etc.

However, he has no overheads so you can generaly haggle Mick down to a very good price and he will always order you stuff in if he has'nt already got it.

You can get hold of him on 01142401634 and he is located between Grenoside and Burncross at 46, Barneshall Rd, Sheffield S35 1RF

Hope this helps.

Happy hunting Guys,

Jase :good:

Just spotted the posts about Arthur Turners.....(sorry not been on much due to connection problems).

Mick Dixon is the Guy who used to run the shop and he now trades from Home...He still sells Airguns, FAC and SG's etc along with the usual gun shop stuff.

Its not really a type of set up where you can browse the shop as it is a converted garage with walk in safe for all the guns and ammo etc.

However, he has no overheads so you can generaly haggle Mick down to a very good price and he will always order you stuff in if he has'nt already got it.

You can get hold of him on 01142401634 and he is located between Grenoside and Burncross at 46, Barneshall Rd, Sheffield S35 1RF

Hope this helps.

Happy hunting Guys,

Jase :yes:

:lol:

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that and he's pretty close to where I work