Daihatsu Fourtrak For Sale

old rooster

Reluctantly offering my Fourtrak for sale as I can't sell my other 4X4.

It's a 2.8TDX SE, it's the rarer limited edition model and has all the bells and whistles, won't list them as you can come and see for yourself or ask anything else you want to know.

It's 1993, 125k miles, VGC, 7 seater (fold down seats in rear)

These are very sought after, the engines are used to convert Land Rovers for serious off roading (tells you a lot about Land Rovers then !)

For shooting trips these things are ideal, take off sunroof so you can shoot from the top, rugged design, high and low range 4 wheel drive with freewheeling front hubs, electric 3 position suspension damping. Way ahead of it's time with a bullet proof engine that while having the grunt to pull you out of all kinds of sticky situations will still cruise at 70-80 down the motorway.

It's a dark green metalic colour so blends in well if in the field.

Need the space so I'm putting her up at just £2,950, a lower spec model the same age just sold at a local garage for £3,995 !!!

It's got flared arches with wide tyres, K reg. I will get some pics when this blasted snow calms down a bit. Been out over the fields pigeon shooting (well that was the plan at least) today so needs a wash down.

Forgot to mention it has a towbar with dual electrics, I'm gonna cry when this motor goes

Bear with me and I'll sort it ASAP.

Stood under a massive dutch barn for 5 minutes this morning as birds were flighting over the corner of it nicely, stoned one with my first shot of the day and it landed on the bl**dy roof and stuck, didn't get another bird on that flight line so had to set up elsewhere. :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by old rooster

hi  is this the model with the flared arches please K or L reg?

thanks

i know the one you mean mate,very nice i thought they came later than K n L REG

seems a bit steep rooster are you down south ;):D

Steep.... Where have you been Daz !!! ?? theres one just sold up the road for me on a K plate... 112 thousand on the clock for £3750

I think you will gind OR is looking for £2950.00

ive had a few, fisherman you can pick them up if you look hard enough... for less.

not that it isnt worth it mind.

im looking at one now the later model with the FLARED arches and cost a tad less than that.

fisherman we all know what garage forcourts are like they charge top dollar for everything some muppet will always come along be dazzeled by the sales patter a valet and a free service.

hope you sell it rooster .it sure is clean for its age ;)

ive had a few, fisherman you can pick them up if you look hard enough... for less.

not that it isnt worth it mind.

im looking at one now the later model with the FLARED arches and cost a tad less than that.

fisherman we all know what garage forcourts are like they charge top dollar for everything some muppet will always come along be dazzeled by the sales patter a valet and a free service.

hope you sell it rooster .it sure is clean for its age ;)

It's a very clean example mate, that's why I'm asking what I am for it, it's a real bargain at that, starts up and runs sweet as a nut.

I'd keep it but seem to be having problems selling the Korando for some reason, they are great 4x4's as well but no one has heard of them so don't trust 'em much.

They are good trucks, keeper mate has one, engine just goes on and on!!! :D

Sounds a good price to me Rooster .. should sell ok at that price chap. Would ave brought it my self but just spent out **** loads on a Free Lander!!

All the best

Lander ;)

They are good trucks, keeper mate has one, engine just goes on and on!!! ;)

i agree with that lander i had one that had never had the bonnet up in 12month until the day i sold it and i gave that a hard life. exellent engines and great on deisel. you have to stay on top of the bodywork though,my advice to any one if they get one is to wax oil every thing, :D they rot a bit

lander

when the fuel pump or the hydraulic clutch in your freelander breaks you could buy this car ;)

i had a freelander from new for three years and got to know roland and kevin at the service desk better than i would have liked :D you could hear the heart sink tone in their voice everytime i called up. i liked the car when it worked

pete

They are good trucks, keeper mate has one, engine just goes on and on!!! :D

Sounds a good price to me Rooster .. should sell ok at that price chap. Would ave brought it my self but just spent out **** loads on a Free Lander!!

All the best

Lander ;)

Ouch, have to sympathise with you if you've just got stuck with one of those, not known for their reliability.

I'm not desperate to sell it, in the right place it will fetch £3,500, just thought I'd offer it to you lads for £2,950 first as a gesture. Not to worry, onwards and upwards, :D:lol:

hi  what has the se model got extra to the el model?

thanks

Mine has the optional "Bol*ox to Tony Blair poster fitted as standard mate ;-)

Also that special squiggly yellow thing on the number plate (which you can see in the picture) for fooling speed cameras. It only comes out in photos, can't be seen with the naked eye.

Edited by old rooster

ok mate-- if you dont want to answer questions seriously regarding a sale- why have you bothered to advertise it?

Thought you were having a poke at it to be honest. ;)

Can't offer you definitive answers to the question as I don't have details of both although I've been looking through the Fourtrak catalogue I have here.

Mine is a model 75 with 2765cc (2.8litre) Turbo Diesel Intercooler engine, here are the model description codes for the F70/80 series models.

Eg F75RV-MBHTW

70 SWB with DL 2765 cc diesel engine

75 LWB with DL 2765 cc diesel engine

77 Utility with DL 2765 cc diesel engine

80 SWB with 3Y 1998 cc petrol engine

85 LWB with 3Y 1998 cc petrol engine

87 Utility with 3Y 1998 cc petrol engine

R or L

Steering wheel position, right or left

V or none, V is hardtop, none is soft top or utility

M or none, M is 5 speed, none is 4 speed

B roof type, B is resin top, P is pickup/utility, none is other types of roof apart from resin top

H trim specification, H is EL, D is DX, R is STD

T is turbo charged motor

W is destination market, W is European market, Q is Australian market, none is other markets.

So mine is: F75RV-MBDTW

Listed options in the catalogue of TDX over stock are:

3 stage adjustable damper (suspension)

Central Door Locking

Electric Front Windows

Electric rear door release

Electronic 4-wheel drive engage

Electrically operated door mirrors

Tilt adjustable steering column

Headlamp washers

Velour trim seats

Wheel arch extensions

Hope this is of some use, if you have further questions or wish me to list every feature in the catalogue for my TDX I'm happy to do that for you.

Rooster, a bit of an aside here, but looking at your photo's, I think you

live just round the corner from my mother in law. She's on Cappenham Close.

Same area as you ?

Blimey mate, you must be a real diamond knowing where your mother in law lives !!.

I always used to keep well clear of mine, except when she flew over on her broomstick once a year so I could fit new spark plugs.

Haven't heard of Cappenham Close, which town are we thinking of here ?.