Four Bob each, Blimey!!

feather

Hi Folks,

This may to some sound a silly question, put here goes, is there a market for your pigeons these days? I remember back in the early forties I got four shillings each for my "Woodies" when I sent them to Pettits of Reedham (Norfolk).

Best regards,

Feather.

I dont normally sell mine but have got 50p a bird dressed from the local restaurant in the past and £3.00 for a skinned head shot rabbit.

Funny thing was on my Father in Laws retirement some years ago we went to Le Manoir au Quait Saison in Oxford run by that French chef chappy Ray White...

and a Pigeon breast in something or other starter was nearly 20 quid !!!!!

It was Nouveau Cuisine, you know... small portions arty farty sauce and artistc designs on the plate. The Waiter asked me how I found the Delphenoise Potato, I said it was hidden under a slice of tomato. :rolleyes: I wont tell you what the bill was for 4 but you could have bought a decent gun with it !!

2 hours after leaving we were in a Indian restaurant in Shrivenham having a proper meal.

FM.

At 'Stennetts' historic cattle market in Brigg (Lincs.) freshley shot woodies were fetching 15p a piece undressed; freshley ferreted rabbits £2.00 a piece; Hares £1.

These prices vary slightly form week to week as everything is sold by auction.

Its a good morning out if your ever passing my way. You can buy many breeds of fancy ducks; chicken; rabbits, pigeons of every variety @ very little cost,. Last week one guy was trying to sell a crate of 30 battery hens. Could sell them, so was offering to pay someone to take them away!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::lol:

Station Rd. Brigg, Every Thursday........Turn uo early for a pitch, auction starts @ 9.30am.

Paul in North Lincs.

Prices here are down to 5p per bird and 50p for a good rabbit, you have to shoot three pigeons with every cartridge to even cover the ammo costs let alone the travelling and other costs. Don't do it for the money but I was pleased to get paid £25 per day to go ferreting recently, it was a massive garden and a lovely place to be, even better as we made three trips and had a good number of bunnies. On my list for a return next season !!

Thanks very much for all the replies, I'm slowly catching up on pigeon shooting in the good old UK again after being out of it for so long. No pigeons around these of Ontario Canada, certainly not at -30 cel: and two feet of snow.

Good shooting lads.

Best regards,

Feather,

fert

You and I need to get our heads together!!!!! £1 a breast wow......we'll be millionaires by May ;)

" With your Brains.....and your contacts.......................................................

I'll go along way!!! :D:D:lol::lol::lol:

Paul in North Lincs

Edited by Paul in North Lincs.