Rio pigeon cartridges

supergame

A friend has just shown me some new loads for pigeon shooting made by Rio. He was given them by someone. Not sure where to get some from.  

They are apparently based on Rio fitasc loads 36 gram but with size 6 shot. They have been developed for long range pigeon shooting.

Has anyone tried them and if so what do you think.

Are they readily available or will we have to wait.

I believe Rio have improved their cartridges considerably. From what a couple of friends have told me they have been very impressed with the performance.  One of the lads thats been using them is an international clay shot with a sound knowledge of cartridges.  He said he was amazed at the ranges that the birds were being killed cleanly at, at the price £120 per 1000 he thought they were superb.

I had heard they were a bit pokey, but that shouldn't be a problem out of my auto.

It would be much appreciated if anyone in the northwest who uses this forum could tell me where I could get some to try.  

I havn't as yet got hold of any because they were comming through a clayshooter who we don't see that often.

I have a trade account with cci international who sell rio cartridges, the cartridge you are talking about is called royal pigeon.

Their is some great results in the clay pigeon circles useing rio cartridges.

some major wins in this country.

They were my best selling cartridge but unfortunately they put them up by about 10% and as I just started dealing about 9 months ago and didnt want to scare customers away thinking I had got them them bumped upi my prices.

Rio Target I sold for £86 per 1000, they are a good clay cartridge and a great pigeon cartridge.

regards

• 1 year later...

I've used Rio 10 Basic Game 32g size 6's for both pigeon and game shooting and have found them reasonably good. They appear to give good stopping power at fairly long distances. They suit me and my gun, but all I can advise is try some different makes and models and see which you get the best results from.

• 5 years later...