seagulls

soreshoulder

With more than a fair share of herring gulls in our town, sitting on lamp posts , roofs , parked cars, boat wheelhouses etc,all seem to have plenty of berths without resorting to perching on trees. A reliable source however reports that during the recent bad weather gulls actually killed two feral pigeons, something I have never seen before- has any one else here come across this?

Blackpowder

yes I have? I live on the coast and have noisy scruffy bloody herring gulls nest on my neighbours chimney's every year! ( yes I know) the garden next door but one to me, has a very large (just about dead) tree, it has had its branches cut back and back and the gulls will land on the larger beams , prior to raiding the garden if bread etc is ever put out, what I would like to know is where the gulls get so many chicken' s from? every year I have to clean my rear guttering as it gets blocked usually with chicken bones.

cheers KW