Bow Hunting

blacta

gsm,

cross bows are incredably acurate! I own several and when time is put in they will shoot as tight a group as a rifle. My newest one in the Excalibur Ibex and shoots a bolt at 305 fps, has a draw weight of 175, and shoots a bolt with a minimum of 350 grains. It will split bolt after bolt if you want to go to the expence.

I also own 5 recurve bows, 3 long bows, and 3 compound bows and an in the process of building horse bow. All these bows are acurate if you spend the time practising on the target, and are all inacurate if you think you can pick it up every 6 months to shoot.

NTTF

Point taken. I was thinking more of pistol types talked about else where in the thread. However they remain illegal for hunting, some places where bows are not.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gsm,

You are correct that in some areas of bowhunting the crossbow is not allowed. The majority of the reasons for this at least here in Canada....and there are very few places where this occurs here ............has to do with gun legislation and the fact that the cross bow is termed as a horizontal bow on a rifle (gun) stock. In almost all cases here in Canada these same areas are closed to all forms of gun hunting.

NTTF

• 2 weeks later...

DAMMMMM! youve brought it to the surface again!

I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGISE FOR MY POSTS/BEHAVIOUR LAST YEAR IT WAS OUT OF ORDER............

all my posts have been edited and you change alot in a year and TBH i actually now fancy trying to shoot a turkey or a deer with a bow!

Sorry BLACTA <_<

Boy I think hunting with air rifles sucks and doesnt kill the birds or rabbits! Glad it not allowed here!

There are just way too many guys wounding squirrels, rabbits and pigeons, and then they crawl off and die in the underbush...disgusting! :good:

NTTF

that happens with shotguns and small calibre rifles as well!!!! air rifles are perfectly good for small game to 45 yrds with a skilled shot. what you are saying is nonsense! :hmm: