Webley Longbow

George1990

http://www.webley.co.uk/webley/index.php?o...&Itemid=198

This is the one i mean, on some websites they show a different one.

So, is this a reliable, accurate one to get? How would it compare to a TX200 for example?

Also, not sure whether to get a Theoben Gas-ram. Opinions please! (bit pricey for me)

looked at the Air Arms Pro-Sport and the Weihrauch HW97K, but the Webley took me fancy.

What do you experienced guys think, or is it all swings and round-abouts?

:angry::good::yes: Thanks

the air arms and weihrauch are good rifles and will outperform the webley by a yard ,the theoben gas rams will outperform the webley by ten yards.you pays your money you takes your coice :good::oops::oops:
nah dont think so mate.outperform by a yard.so we are talking 3 feet in old money.i did not read anymore,cos the first statement,was bull **** :oops:

nah dont think so mate.outperform by a yard.so we are talking 3 feet in old money.i did not read anymore,cos the first statement,was bull **** :good:

Agree mans talkin rubbish.lighter then a tx and hw and there not a bad gun.it all down to the shooter.yes the older original webley better.it has better bluing and seems more sturdy.but these rifles have the same trigger units and are built to same standard.only thing i can say is bad on these rifles is blueing but none the less it is better the air arms bluing.get one and when spring breaks,send it over to v-mach.all springs used in these are from v-mach any way but i doubt there as reliable as the custom ones.think people take a big dis like to these purely on the basis there made in turkey.bsa now make there guns in spain and air arms import some of there stuff from czech.webley is the better looking rifle but theoben evo has very nice old webley blue.sure you can gas ram these to so take that into consideration as it will be a cheaper gas rammer.the pro sport is a beut by all means but blue is rubbish and they need a good tune.just my opinion on the matter

I como'd the stock and silencer on my longbow.

As for the shooting. Its really really good. Apparently mine is not a UK made unit, but its still an excellent close grouping quality rifle.

The blu'ing is excellent, the parts all snap together and dont move.

Several hundred rats and dozens of pigeons (at elevation and distance) bring me to the thought that the Longbow is a good rifle. Even if some may think as its not a UK rifle it must be not so good.

Oh well!

Carbon

• 4 months later...

just come across this thread while I was looking for something else. I have a Turkish Longbow in .22 which I bought about 8 months ago and I like it a lot. It's very well made, shoots better than I do and with a strip and lube it's now pretty smooth. Thumbhole stock is a definite winner.

To complicate matters a bit I thought about fitting a Theoben Ram to it but not sure if they make one for the model. Nothing says they do one on the Theoben site. Oh well ...

I'd certainly recommend the Longbow. I appreciate it's not everyone's taste and that it's Turkish manufacture is a bone of contention with any number of purists but it's still a good gun and it's in the right price range as far as I'm concerned. :good:

iv got one Built better than BSA, quieter than a lightning XL (iv fiited a SAK mod), more accurate than a BSA, Looks better than a BSA, Feels better than a BSA

overall i think i would prefer one of these to a BSA which is why i got one

• 2 years later...

I have one, well it began life as one,bought it as a .177 custom from Sandwell Field Sports.It was one of fifty they bought to rebrand into their Phantom, well I bought it from them before the major cosmetic change they were to do on it, so it looks as a standard Walnut stocked Longbow with no Longbow name on it, unbranded apart from the barrel which says Webley,the blueing on the fifty guns that SFS bought were re blacked by Venom so it is a lot darker, I then got talking to a man on Airgun BBS who swapped me a Webley Venom shrouded .22 barrel from a Venom Sidewinder if I remember corectly, which has the same double blacking process. So to end up I have a SFS walnut stocked Webley with a Webley Venom.22 shrouded barrel, and very nice it is to. I have also had a Pro Sport, exceptionally fine guy but woh very heavy for the money, and I have had a Fac Rapid(19" barrel)which is the gun of all time,but the Webley is the one I have hung onto.

chiefy

http://www.webley.co.uk/webley/index.php?o...&Itemid=198

This is the one i mean, on some websites they show a different one.

So, is this a reliable, accurate one to get? How would it compare to a TX200 for example?

Also, not sure whether to get a Theoben Gas-ram. Opinions please! (bit pricey for me)

looked at the Air Arms Pro-Sport and the Weihrauch HW97K, but the Webley took me fancy.

What do you experienced guys think, or is it all swings and round-abouts?

:angry::good::yes: Thanks

Now to confuse you.

How about a Webley Stingray Mark 2 gas ram? Same barrel, same trigger, but gas ram spring conversion done in the UK? Oh it is not called a Webley Stingray by the way, it is a Hatsan 60S TG GR (Hatsan 60S Tru Glo sights Gas Ram).

DSC00577.jpg

These are a high quality conversion done in the UK, to differentiate between them and the normal Hatsan rifle it has Gas Ram written on the box and the instruction manual in felt tip pen, oh yes, really! The mechanism is teh same as the Webley Stingray Mark 2/Hatsan 60S, but Edgar Brothers have a gas ram conversion done by Stutleys.

The same factory makes the Longbow!

Edited by secretagentmole

Now to confuse you.

How about a Webley Stingray Mark 2 gas ram? Same barrel, same trigger, but gas ram spring conversion done in the UK? Oh it is not called a Webley Stingray by the way, it is a Hatsan 60S TG GR (Hatsan 60S Tru Glo sights Gas Ram).

DSC00577.jpg

These are a high quality conversion done in the UK, to differentiate between them and the normal Hatsan rifle it has Gas Ram written on the box and the instruction manual in felt tip pen, oh yes, really! The mechanism is teh same as the Webley Stingray Mark 2/Hatsan 60S, but Edgar Brothers have a gas ram conversion done by Stutleys.

The same factory makes the Longbow!

Shout louder to reach the OP, this thread is over three years old ;)