Who are clayshooters and where do you shoot?

Jazzie

Hi Sleekspook,

I'd forgot about Leconfield, have shot there a few times but it's a bit serious. I think the England team train there and it's good for all trap/trench/skeet disciplines, not sporting though unless they've added it. I've also shot Rufforth and that's just the same as Leconfield, maybe that's why I forgot them.........

Cottondale is very good, set in a valley so a lot of the traps are set on the hill sides. They have a good range of sporting targets to cater for all abilities plus skeet and compact sporting, also a covered 50m rifle range and 25m indoor pistol range. They also still have trappers that take you round, not like a lot of places that use claymate and you end up paying for no birds.

I sound like a salesman don't I? I'd go more often if it was a bit closer.

Park Lodge is good and not far to go and if you fancy a trip across the river Pinewood SG near Gainsborough is good. Monckton nr North Newbald has a good tower and grouse flush but not much else.

Enough rambling, hth.

well im contemplating getting back into it this year.(i could even qualify for the welsh team) that would be something eh cat!!

my main shooting grounds were in the north and midlands in the winter months but summer was anywhere between cammelford and north ayrshire. 20,000+ miles a year were nothing just doing the shoots but not THAT keen nowadays. :unsure:

beretta, good to hear it Matey, hopefully we'll bump into each other soon on the circuit. :hmm:

It's a bit like riding a bike, you never forget how to do it, I'm sure you'll be back on that winners rostrum soon enough.

All the best,

Cat.

P.S. - Nothing much has changed in the sport..!! :cry1:

I havent been clay shooting for long. I wanted to know who else shoots clays and where do they shoot?

I shoot at Valley Veiw, West London, EJ Churchills, Hornet, RBSS.

Does anyone else get to these grounds?

Jazzie

Hi Jizzie,

I mainly shoot in and around Essex.

I did once venture up to Hornet for a shoot, however i won't be going again after being accosted by a 7ft crossdresser!! It certainly broke my concentration!!

I was told his name was 'Jasmine', maybe you've bumped into him too? I was told he was quite harmless, and they let him wander around when on day release.

Anyway, good luck in the sport, do keep us all updated with how you get on.

Hi

I just had a lesson at the shoot near West London Shooting School, just a bit further down the track. Seemed a friendly bunch. Only shot on one stand so cant comment on the rest of the ground.

I live close to the area so am interested in peoples opinions of EJ churchills, Prestwood, Maidenhead, Valley view etc. Especially if anyone has had some tuition from any of the instructors at the grounds.

Also regards to cost how much are these grounds for, lets say 100 birds