Jan stalking trip

mft135

It's been a while since my last post but now i have time and back on my ship here are some photos of my january trip to caithness for red deer.

Since my last post i have got my new sako 85 .308 reload set up, hornaday 150 sst, norma shell case, cci primer, 44 grn of V - n 140. this tested on a crono is 2720 fps, which seems to work great, less than 1 inch at 100 meters.

Here are a few pic's of the trip, i have been studying how to cut up a full carcass with the help of a dvd from david stretton.

I am studying for my dcs 1 at the moment but finding it hard going with deer ecoligy.

post-13468-1236192287.jpg

post-13468-1236192305.jpg

post-13468-1236192320.jpg

post-13468-1236192372.jpg

post-13468-1236192394.jpg

post-13468-1236192418.jpg

post-13468-1236192469.jpg

post-13468-1236192715.jpg

Bigthug87

The stalking trip per day is 130 pounds this encludes a stalking guide which is usualy the estate owner. Three stalks per day if time permits a lot of walking over open heather,the only other cost is accomadation or b & b in halkirk nearby. if you want to stay at the eastate 5 star but around 80 per night.

If you want any more info i will send it on to you.

mft 135.

Bigthug87

The stalking trip per day is 130 pounds this encludes a stalking guide which is usualy the estate owner. Three stalks per day if time permits a lot of walking over open heather,the only other cost is accomadation or b & b in halkirk nearby. if you want to stay at the eastate 5 star but around 80 per night.

mft 135.

Thanks mate ;) Does that count towards your DSC ? Do you need deer on your ticket to do it ? I put in for a 243 the other day but for fox!

Those deer stalking courses look bloody expensive :good:

It's been a while since my last post but now i have time and back on my ship here are some photos of my january trip to caithness for red deer.

Since my last post i have got my new sako 85 .308 reload set up, hornaday 150 sst, norma shell case, cci primer, 44 grn of V - n 140. this tested on a crono is 2720 fps, which seems to work great, less than 1 inch at 100 meters.

Here are a few pic's of the trip, i have been studying how to cut up a full carcass with the help of a dvd from david stretton.

I am studying for my dcs 1 at the moment but finding it hard going with deer ecoligy.

Now that is what i am talking about :good: A man that can process the right way.. Great pix mate ;)

Bigthug87,

If I am correct it does not count until you have your dsc level 1, then you can stalk with a verified witness towards your dsc level 2.

You can stalk with your own rifle only if you have it on your licence, ( if going for red deer .243 100grn bullet minumum.)

If not on ticket use estate rifle.

In some way's the dsc level's are starting to be a bit of a rip off to many people and organisations getting involved.

mft135.

Bigthug87

mft 135.

do they charge extra for the meat ?

I would love a vecent slab of venison but have no means of getting any. No land with any deer on and no rifle if there was !

My only option would be to pay the earth for a very little amount from a game dealer which i dont fancy at all.

Any suggestions to help me out ? those picks have just given me alsorts of cullenry ideas including the BBQ !