Rifle or Shotgun

a pigeon at about 70 yards out as it was flying away from me, it came out of a hedge right beside me and flew off, i was using a friends 5 shot semi and just started blasting, as daft as this sounds i saw the pigeon drop just as i squeezed the trigger for the 5th shot :unsure:

also sitting having a smoke one day with the benelli sitting on the grass beside me, one of my mates pointed out a pigeon coming in very high and fast right towards us. they were debating whether it was too high or not fora shot, so i picked up the benelli, and (still sitting on my **** with the cigarette in my mouth) fired a single shot, put the safety back on, set the gun down beside me and kept smoking. 2 seconds later i heard a thud from behind me as the pigeon hit the ground.

not the most challenging shot ever but certainly my most nonchalant :unsure:

just want to point out the reason myposts are similar to the ones above them is because they reminded me of the shots :unsure:

worst shot? it was a version of number 2, standing beside a barn having a smoke (last cigarette in the packet) when i pigeon came overhead. aimed and fired, down dropped the pigeon, but at the same time the cigarette jumped out of my mouth, landed on my cheek then rolled into a puddle full of cow **** :wacko:

I once dropped a rabbit at 40 yards with the air rifle after commando crawling for about 50 yards to get close.

The best thing was as soon as it fell, his buddy came out and started munching away next to him! Dropped that one too!

You know youre on virgin land when rabbits are actually reasured by onother one laying perfectly still! :unsure:

On my first driven game shoot, the ducks had gone over once at reasonable height and after that they were just circling us at about 70-100m up, 'knowing' they were out of range. I took 2 shots using #3 steel at 4 flying in a diamond and hit the tail-gunner, he dropped like a stone :unsure:

Mark

On my first driven game shoot, the ducks had gone over once at reasonable height and after that they were just circling us at about 70-100m up, 'knowing' they were out of range. I took 2 shots using #3 steel at 4 flying in a diamond and hit the tail-gunner, he dropped like a stone :cry1:

Wow......is your name Aled by any chance?? :hmm: :hmm:

Edited by Browning

Shotgun,

Left and right Geese over flightpond with me 12, or a left and right pigeons when shooting over laid barley last June/July time.

Rifle, Stalking very early one morning last summer just after harvest, shot a fox through the hedge 120yards out in a field then as l climbed through the hedge to retrieve, spotted a very large buck munty walking towards me, dropped that at over 100yards stone dead both in the matter of seconds!

T

Shotgun,

Left and right Geese over flightpond with me 12, or a left and right pigeons when shooting over laid barley last June/July time.

Rifle, Stalking very early one morning last summer just after harvest, shot a fox through the hedge 120yards out in a field then as l climbed through the hedge to retrieve, spotted a very large buck munty walking towards me, dropped that at over 100yards stone dead both in the matter of seconds!

T

:lol: Thats what i call a great mornings shooting :(

George,

Get yourself to the pigeon shooting section for some reading matey! loads of tips and tricks, even for those days when there's hardly no wind and you think **** it cant be bothered, its all about knowledge mate, putting the deeks in the right place is the difference between shooting at them, and shooting them.

i've been pigeon shooting for nearly 20years and l'm not 30 yet, and still re-watch vids/re-read books for further education!

T

George,

Get yourself to the pigeon shooting section for some reading matey! loads of tips and tricks, even for those days when there's hardly no wind and you think **** it cant be bothered, its all about knowledge mate, putting the deeks in the right place is the difference between shooting at them, and shooting them.

i've been pigeon shooting for nearly 20years and l'm not 30 yet, and still re-watch vids/re-read books for further education!

T

Tommo you don't no how bad george is :lol:

He would be better throwing stones :lol:

Yes that bad he's costing me a fortune in cartridges <_<