Lee Enfield

LeeinVA

Lee is it in .303 British or converted to the 7.62x51mm NATO ? Because a few of them were converted!

Personally If I had the chance to buy/get one then I would, it would be worth it just to have that piece of histroy, being able to use it for fun and/or to hunt is an added bonus! :good:

Lee is it in .303 British or converted to the 7.62x51mm NATO ? Because a few of them were converted!

Personally If I had the chance to buy/get one then I would, it would be worth it just to have that piece of histroy, being able to use it for fun and/or to hunt is an added bonus! :good:

Thugmeister it is still in the original .303.. We have this gun store not far from my home that sells all the rifles from the last great war.. The Kar 98 is $ 250.00, The Lee Enfield is $ 400.00, the Jap 7.7 Ariska (?) is $ 150.00 and the Mosin nagant is $ 150.00..

Lee ,

A great piece of rifle history . The .303 british has been used in more militay campagns than ant other rifle . It has also killed (and wounded )more african big game than any other calibre . At 400 bucks it seems a very good price . Its worth the money just to own such an important piece of military history .

Harnser .

Lee ,

A great piece of rifle history . The .303 british has been used in more militay campagns than ant other rifle . It has also killed (and wounded )more african big game than any other calibre . At 400 bucks it seems a very good price . Its worth the money just to own such an important piece of military history .

Harnser .

I have been reading a bit about the round and it is truly impressive.. The .303 does have a large fan base here..

Hi Lee,

What mark and number is the gun. Where was it manufactured. If it is a pre 1939 or early WWII then it will be a far better made firearm than a late WWII. Here is a brief article on their History.

http://www.cybertorpedo.com/africanhunter/...sh_rifle_01.htm

No4 mark 1 are fairly saught after firearms. Also if you can find one with a Mott barrel - basically a heavy target barrel they are also saught after. At my club range they shoot service rifle events, mainly with 303's and 6.5's

Cheers :good:

Thugmeister it is still in the original .303.. We have this gun store not far from my home that sells all the rifles from the last great war.. The Kar 98 is $ 250.00, The Lee Enfield is $ 400.00, the Jap 7.7 Ariska (?) is $ 150.00 and the Mosin nagant is $ 150.00..

If it was up to me Lee I'd be walking out with more than one of them mate :good: Sounds like your going to have some great fun with it :yes: If you go for it send us spme pics mate, im sure we all want to see it :good:

Hi Lee,

What mark and number is the gun. Where was it manufactured. If it is a pre 1939 or early WWII then it will be a far better made firearm than a late WWII. Here is a brief article on their History.

http://www.cybertorpedo.com/africanhunter/...sh_rifle_01.htm

No4 mark 1 are fairly saught after firearms. Also if you can find one with a Mott barrel - basically a heavy target barrel they are also saught after. At my club range they shoot service rifle events, mainly with 303's and 6.5's

Cheers :good:

Hey bud i shall have to have a look at them first.. I shall let y'all know :good: