Quick question - Royal/Big Shooting Estates

Bleeh

It's Highclere, Tommo.

English or Scottish estates? There are a huge amount to choose from: Chargot, Elveden, Molland, Oakford, Prescombe, Glympton etc - there are too many big names in big commercial shooting to list exhaustively.

Buccleuch Estates, Northumberland Estates, Lowther Estates and the Reay Forest Estate are key players in the Northern/Scottish sporting estate sector.

Edited by Baldrick

Can anyone help me with a quick list of them (ones with shoots)

Holkum, Sandringham, Balmoral .... what others are there?

Hatch Park (Mersham, Kent) is my nearest, the late Lord Brabourne owned it and the Royals shot there every year, spent 8 good years picking up there.

Rgds D2D

It's Highclere, Tommo.

English or Scottish estates? There are a huge amount to choose from: Chargot, Elveden, Molland, Oakford, Prescombe, Glympton etc - there are too many big names in big commercial shooting to list exhaustively.

Buccleuch Estates, Northumberland Estates, Lowther Estates and the Reay Forest Estate are key players in the Northern/Scottish sporting estate sector.

MMM Elveden,

What I would'nt give to have the stalking up there!!!

I would consider parting with my left nut.

I heard a rumour that the stalking lease went to a dutch bloke for £250,000 :hmm::good:

I was under the impression that there was no formal shoot there, you may be correct with your apparent knowledge of people in high places.

I may stand corrected, I may not.

all the best. :lol:

There was quite a write up in either Shooting Gazette and/or Shooting times last year as the Headkeeper who'd been there a fair few years retired last year and they covered his last shoot day running it as well as his shoot day with local friends and aquaintences.

They also do quite a few field trials there every year.

SS

:lol: Here at "The Atholl" and at "Balmoral" and at the residence at Caithness "Mey" The only place I know that the royals and my employer cant hardly hit a thing due to the wind off the sea being strong...The "Pentland Firth" is always blowing... Atholl well the hils take some beating here..... And yes I have been with my employer to windsor to shoot both inside and outside the park...As for being HRH royals...Errrr they miss too!! A.J. Edited by Orkney Gun