21 gm carts anyone?

thats a fair way out for 21grames, i cant see them having the striking power at that range, and think of the holes in the patten, i wouldnt like to be taking the shot, maybe with full and extra full chokes but then it comes down to the shooter putting the shot in the right place at the right time,

I tried Express and Hull and preferred the Hull version, but found that they patterned tightly at close range, due to being very little shot deformation due to the short shot column.

If any one suffers from recoil they are ideal and the performance at long range is good.

I would recommend Hull 21gms to anyone :blush:

If you try long shots with any weight of cartridge you will run out of pellets in a killing pattern before the pellets run out of energy.

Have a look at Hulls own website,it shows the energy of pellets at different ranges.

http://www.hullcartridge.co.uk/products/co...ition/compx.cfm

Edited by BlaserF3

I think with a lighter load you get a shorter shot string so placment is a wee bit tricker as haggis said perhaps not the highest scoreing cart but could sharpen up yr practise up to 40 teds or so. I might get some as my 14 yr old daughter wants a go and I've only got a 12 bore so a light cart would be good for her.

The shot string is caused by deformed pellets which are no longer round. The 21gm load has a very short column length so less pellets are crushed or abraded on the barrel wall,this is why patterns tend to be tighter.

For clays up to 30 yards cylinder choke is sufficient half choke will kill any other clay.

ive found hull comp-x 21's to be much better than the 28's ... hull have used a couple of different manufacs. to make their 28's and thats why they have a red one and a black one..... each made by a differet manufac. not themselves... this is why there can be varible prices on hull carts they are coming from europe and depends how the pound is doing ... however the 21's seem to be more stable and ,in my opinion, great cart for the money .... ive hit everything at west kent and dartford with them ( though i do miss some due to me :yes: ) .. the eley 21's are just as good too :blink:

Edited by jinxy72

Jinxy which is cheaper or better do you think eley or hull 21gms?

i wouldnt say much in it m8 ... as far as price it depends on ur dealer which is the cheapest as prices flutt. quite a lot on the hull.

which is best ? well i like the hulls and have shot 1000's of these and still like them alot. I aint really shot that many of the eleys as i struggle to find them local to me but the couple of hundred i have shot i liked and found no difference between them and the hull's

just personal pref. as which u prefer yourself really ..... id be happy shooting either :yes:

• 2 weeks later...