VERMIN CONTROL SHOOT WANTED

:oops: WANTED: I AM LOOKING FOR A SHOTGUN VERMIN CONTROL SHOOT ON LAND IN THE EAST MIDLANDS (LEICESTERSHIRE, NOTTS, DERBYS). I AM A BASC MEMBER >>>>>>>>>>>SORRY FOR UPSETTING SEASONED SHOOTERS WITH MY WANTED ADVERT...............PLEASE DISREGARD THIS ADVERT.......AND THANKS TO MOST WHO GAVE ME ADVISE. Edited by winchester energy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is wrong with you people? I take it the one's making the sarcastic remarks are the one's that have permission already so hell to everyone else! but let me tell you a little secret one day you might lose your permission and you will probably be the one on here asking, because just like me & others that have knocked on hundreds of door's and been told they already have someone shooting and probably people like the sarcastic ones on here that do feckall for our sport and have nothing else to do but sit on a public forum and rip someone to pieces is that the only way you can be sure of a clean kill?

What's wrong with the guy asking for help? You should be bloody ashamed of yourselves! would you say the kind of thing's to this guy's face if you saw him at a clayshoot? i very much dought it because it's the wonder of the safety of a keyboard and monitor that allow you to make these comments and feel all big and proud of yourselves when in reality it makes you look like the guy i would never want to shoot with.

You get a lot more satisfaction from helping these guy's rather than tear them apart! you should try it!

Chris.

What the hell is wrong with you people? I take it the one's making the sarcastic remarks are the one's that have permission already so hell to everyone else! but let me tell you a little secret one day you might lose your permission and you will probably be the one on here asking, because just like me & others that have knocked on hundreds of door's and been told they already have someone shooting and probably people like the sarcastic ones on here that do feckall for our sport and have nothing else to do but sit on a public forum and rip someone to pieces is that the only way you can be sure of a clean kill?

What's wrong with the guy asking for help? You should be bloody ashamed of yourselves! would you say the kind of thing's to this guy's face if you saw him at a clayshoot? i very much dought it because it's the wonder of the safety of a keyboard and monitor that allow you to make these comments and feel all big and proud of yourselves when in reality it makes you look like the guy i would never want to shoot with.

You get a lot more satisfaction from helping these guy's rather than tear them apart! you should try it!

Chris.

Most comments are made with jest,some are good advice, no need to throw your toys out the pram, i'm sure somebody will oblige and ask him to tag along with them on their permission sooner or later, the fact is we are all in the same boat, i am always looking for more permissions like us all, it's just how it is, chill out a bit :D

Edited by evilstoat

What the hell is wrong with you people?

some folk have worked hard for years getting where they are shooting wise.

personally i have the luck of not having to go door knocking, most of any new shoots i get are from farmers/land owners who have passed my name on to others.

imagine if i gave a shoot to some one i know nothing above just because he/she is on the same forum as me.

Any accidents, mishaps will come back to me and wont do me any good.

you may have only been here a few weeks yourself but have a read of some of the old threads on shooting wanted, you may learn a thing or two.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

some folk have worked hard for years getting where they are shooting wise.

personally i have the luck of not having to go door knocking, most of any new shoots i get are from farmers/land owners who have passed my name on to others.

imagine if i gave a shoot to some one i know nothing above just because he/she is on the same forum as me.

Any accidents, mishaps will come back to me and wont do me any good.

you may have only been here a few weeks yourself but have a read of some of the old threads on shooting wanted, you may learn a thing or two.

I may learn a thing or two? :D

I dont recall asking anyone to give the guy land but what's wrong in asking if the guy want's to come along with you see how he goes and if all goes well tell others on here and maybe someone else can do the same, so you can at least help the guy and push him in the right direction whilst he sorts himself out instead of tearing him apart.

As for only jesting! does this guy know that? probably not!

And Mark When you say about having to work hard to get what you have got read your post again it says you don't have to go door knocking so don't patronise me and tell me i could learn a thing or two.

Your just part of the band of "I'm ok jack!"

I may learn a thing or two? :D

I dont recall asking anyone to give the guy land but what's wrong in asking if the guy want's to come along with you see how he goes and if all goes well tell others on here and maybe someone else can do the same, so you can at least help the guy and push him in the right direction whilst he sorts himself out instead of tearing him apart.

As for only jesting! does this guy know that? probably not!

And Mark When you say about having to work hard to get what you have got read your post again it says you don't have to go door knocking so don't patronise me and tell me i could learn a thing or two.

no mate, i part of the band thats been in more years than you can only dream about.

you seem to have a problem with people that have more shooting than you have,

get over it ,you might in time get some more, but i doubt it with the attitude.

have a nice day.

is she any good at making sandwiches bb?

:D priceless

feretter08, calm down i see you are having a "bad day" from rants on another thread...chill this place isn't for hot heads, i sometimes have to re-write posts because some annoy me or get my goat, but all you are doing is making yourself look a ****, wind ya neck in :D

it has taken me almost 3 years to get probably 4 shoots 2 are nothing to talk about but the other 2 are a nice areas

Edited by evilstoat

:D priceless

feretter08, calm down i see you are having a "bad day" from rants on another thread...chill this place isn't for hot heads, i sometimes have to re-write posts because some annoy me or get my goat, but all you are doing is making yourself look a ****, wind ya neck in :D

it has taken me almost 3 years to get probably 4 shoots 2 are nothing to talk about but the other 2 are a nice areas

Another keyboard warrior!

Making myself look a **** with the "I'm ok Jack!" band of brothers! I can live with that you just tear people apart who can't and will not stand up for themselves! So who's the ****?.

Another keyboard warrior!

Making myself look a **** with the "I'm ok Jack!" band of brothers! I can live with that you just tear people apart who can't and will not stand up for themselves! So who's the ****?.

I really can't be bothered mate....but i rest my case, it was typical that you would come back with something like that :D

what i was trying to explain was that i had F all shooting to start with, it takes alot of staying power to continue with the sport, when you keep getting knocked back, but a bit of patience is the key, which you quite clearly lack

Edited by evilstoat

:D WANTED: I AM LOOKING FOR A SHOTGUN VERMIN CONTROL SHOOT ON LAND IN THE EAST MIDLANDS (LEICESTERSHIRE, NOTTS, DERBYS). I AM A BASC MEMBER WITH FULL INSURANCE AND RESPECT ANY RULES IMPLIED BY THE LAND OWNER. NOT AFTER GAME UNLESS YOU WANT ME TOO.

It isnt easy you will have to keep knocking on doors and keep you eyes open, when you see pigeons hitting some crops go and ask the farmer if he has a problem.

Ive been shooting a while and we shoot on 3 farms at present, no great numbers but i also keep knocking on the door of a couple of other farms just so that they know im about if they have any probs, one as just planted peas a few weeks back but still waiting for them to sprout at present....im off all next week so i expect i will be going on my travels and seeing what i can find...dont give up and no harm in asking as someone may also take you out for a days shooting on here.

Good Luck :D

Edited by Spaniel

It’s an old story, guy registers on here and in first post says; gimme, gimme, gimme. What does he expect... kisses? :D As JFK said ‘Ask not what your country can do for you but rather what you can do for your country!

Moral might be; register on here, make some effort to join in, make a few (online) friends, offer some advice, help etc then and only THEN ask about the possibilities of getting some shooting and I’m willing to bet some nice friendly chap (yes there are a few on here :D ) will offer something.

It’s an old story, guy registers on here and in first post says; gimme, gimme, gimme. What does he expect... kisses? :D As JFK said ‘Ask not what your country can do for you but rather what you can do for your country!

Moral might be; register on here, make some effort to join in, make a few (online) friends, offer some advice, help etc then and only THEN ask about the possibilities of getting some shooting and I’m willing to bet some nice friendly chap (yes there are a few on here :hmm: ) will offer something.

:D

a little trust built up will go a long way!

I clearly lack patience with bullies! and just don't understand what makes you feel so good in doing something like that?

Nobody has bullied anyone.It was said in jest but you obviously don't do humor so why don't you just chillllllllll and pick your toys up!

Moral might be; register on here, make some effort to join in, make a few (online) friends, offer some advice, help etc then and only THEN ask about the possibilities of getting some shooting and I’m willing to bet some nice friendly chap (yes there are a few on here :hmm: ) will offer something.

:yp: That's what happend to me , I have had numerous "NO" so have no where to shoot vermin , a member on here Martin Moreton was asking if any newbies wanted to tag along on his permission :good: , so I now know (if ever I get a permission) what to do , and how to conduct my self , and because of Martin's generosity I too will offer places to others who would not be as fortunate as me , that could be next week or 12 months away :hmm: I'm still at the knocking on doors stage , so to finish off, a big thank you to Martin, Pro-TOM1 and p-a-s- and the other members who give people like me a chance, :lol:

Edited by unclemicky