woooohooo

Used to ask GP now wants loads of wonger to do it. Since made friends with a few upstanding citizens, for instance vicar, leader of scout group, chairman of parish council etc. It doesn't hurt to know a few people that you might not normally classify as your sort of person. Do you know anyone who might be classed as the sort of person that is required? Think hard it can be surprising.

Best of luck.

Badshot

yea just rang the gp £50 and i got to wait 3 weeks to see him so just asked a friend who is a teaching assistant she said yea so rang officer up and she said that should not be a problem so fingers crossed!

I was under the impression that it was illegal to pay someone to be your counter sign person...

Someone correct me please if I'm wrong.. :good: :good:

As long as the person has known you for the perscibed period i don't think the Police are bothered whether you have paid them to do it or not. I know of two people who got the GP's to be theres, one was free the other charged £75. I think GP's charge just to keep the the numbers asking them down which i think is fair enough.

Mark

10.12 The judgement as to whether a

person is fit to be entrusted with firearms

(see Chapter 12) rests in law with the police

and, ultimately, with the Courts. The role

of the referee is to provide information

and opinions that the police can take into

consideration when making that judgement.

Referees are not expected to offer an

“expert†opinion, regardless of their

backgrounds. In particular, doctors acting

as referees should do so on a personal basis

rather than as medical professionals, and they

should not therefore be expected to offer any

medical opinion as to the applicant’s mental

state or likely future behaviour. Doctors

would not therefore be expected to

charge for acting as referees, since they

would be acting in a personal rather than

professional capacity.

Jesus christ is anyone elses officer a pain in the *** like the one i got who coming to see me ?first she rings says shes coming ,, then she rings saying i need a new counter person , then she says shes coming "tea time" today so waiting in like a **** and then she rings me saying you have been a busy bee phoning the cop shop up asking if i am coming or not . I said well yea i have been waiting in hours and you aint come .. she said well i have been busy so when i go to work tommorrow at 12 o clock i will check my work scheduale and see when i am free , i just said well i am free when ever Damn this is going to be a exciting meeting aint it ! i have so got to bite my ********* tounge :good: