pump actions

darren m

is it just me , but i love pump action shotguns , there just so much fun B)

took my mossberg to the clay ground today just for a change , it felt so good racking that slide. :good:

anyone think the same or am i just a weirdo :o

if you own a pump please post a pic here , would love to see whats out there .

mines a mossy 500A , cameras out of order at the mo so no pic - sorry

cheers

is it just me , but i love pump action shotguns , there just so much fun B)

took my mossberg to the clay ground today just for a change , it felt so good racking that slide. :good:

anyone think the same or am i just a weirdo :good:

if you own a pump please post a pic here , would love to see whats out there .

mines a mossy 500A , cameras out of order at the mo so no pic - sorry

cheers

No it's not just you, there is something about that noise that really gets me. It's infected my son too.

Mind you, plenty of folks think I'm a weirdo :o But I like explosions too :)

ft

in the last 4 months ive traded both my shotguns in for mossberg pumps :good: (which reminds me need to change my sig...)

3 shots, more reliable than a semi and almost indestructible - you cant go wrong with a pump! and thats before we start considering the fun factor... :o

edit - no pics at mo but got a 500a and a 600at B)

Edited by babbyc1000

Here are a few vids of my Benelli supernova...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrjZ4enV008...re=channel_page

Pumps compete in there own seperate division, so a true pump winner is announced at the end.

And this one from the last euro shotgun championships in Kavala Greece 2006, the UK sent around 45 competitors, if you like pump guns then PSG is calling you...

N

remo-custom;size:1024,768.jpg

I've probably posted this picture before :good: This is my Remington 870, it's 32 years old and works faultlessly. I've since changed the barrel for a shorter 26" multichoke barrel, which makes it even shorter overall than my mates Benelli Supernova with a 24" barrel B)

Hi:

I hope this photo comes through as it is my first try. This is a Remington 31 in 20 ga. with a 30" barrel. I re-stocked it with a piece od California English walnut that came from a friend's orchard. I stocked it to my dimesnsions and love shooting it. Plain barrel, and one of those deals where the wood is worth way more than the metal, but what the hell.

Pete

post-16377-1240939035.jpg

Neil PSG looks like great fun , hows it scored , do you have different classes for semi autos and pumps

cheers

Hi darren

In IPSC/UKPSA matches pump & semi-auto guns are scored seperately, giving a winner in each division.

Small hand held timers carried by the range officers give you a start "beep" to begin each stage, the timer records the noise from each shot & the time taken to complete the whole stage (last shot fired) is entered along with the points you scored, a computer program then works out who won.

Its great fun & growing around the world, the next european championships is to be held this September in the Czech Republic, I and 30 other shooters from the UK have already entered.

http://www.esc09.eu/index_en.php

If you would like to try it come and visit us at our club, we hold several open "club" level 1 matches where visitors can come along & try it. next one is May 24th.

Check out the website for up to date info.

http://www.bordergunspsg.co.uk/index.htm

Regards

Neil

Edited by neil smith

Hi darren

In IPSC/UKPSA matches pump & semi-auto guns are scored seperately, giving a winner in each division.

Small hand held timers carried by the range officers give you a start "beep" to begin each stage, the timer records the noise from each shot & the time taken to complete the whole stage (last shot fired) is entered along with the points you scored, a computer program then works out who won.

Its great fun & growing around the world, the next european championships is to be held this September in the Czech Republic, I and 30 other shooters from the UK have already entered.

http://www.esc09.eu/index_en.php

If you would like to try it come and visit us at our club, we hold several open "club" level 1 matches where visitors can come along & try it. next one is May 24th.

Check out the website for up to date info.

http://www.bordergunspsg.co.uk/index.htm

Regards

Neil

Neil -- what would you consider suitable as a starter PSG gun ??

Are they all FAC ??

Whats the most popular shotgun for this type of shooting ??

What rounds /ammo do you use for this ??

thanks again

Darren