On the rabbits with Stealth Shooter

Beardo

First of all a big thank you to Stealth Stalker for inviting me out to shoot last night - an absolute pleasure.

Really enjoyable evening/night out with the .17hmr - i'm finally settling in to using it, we also took the HW100 for some of the close work/near roads etc.

Total picked up 20 rabbits and 1 pigeon (shot before it got dark i hasten to add)

e0349e8dcc167852220993ee7c4f7b59.jpg

Edited by nickbeardo

No problem mate :look: it was a good night to be out.

And there was some tasty shooting from you Squire :yes:

I wouldn't normally take out so many of the little uns ( I look at them as being next years pies) :hmm: but the grounds manager expressed his concern for one area in particular that was getting alot of rabbit attention.

I was reluctant to let you leave with the HW100, a cracking piece of equipment :wub:

SS

i meant to add how impressed i was with SS - he shot that pigeon and it flew off towards some trees

"remember that tree" he said, and after we'd done a tour of the field, we went over to it, and sure enough at the base of the tree the pigeon was lying dead.

oh and it's not my shooting that's any good - it's the .17hmr doing it for me.

out again last night with SS....

8ffd7cb52caaab9ab881c46407d206e9.jpg

all nice big rabbits as well (bar two juveniles) - total count was 19 - though one was nasty and lumpy and had some weird thing coming out of it's stomach.

Struggled with the .17hmr long shots in the wind - though was really happy with the end result.

Was having to offset a rabbits head width to the side for a lot of them.

Nearly bagged a hat-trick as well, but the last one just skimmed the fur.

Apologies for shooting blackie - i though it was a normal rabbit just in the shadows.

SS took the fox with his .243 - it nearly tried to jump into the Landy with us!

I would have had a fox as well, if i wasn't suffering from fox fever!

Another good night Nick :good:

That fox was probably the easiest I've ever shot, no calling , just trotted straight up to us in broad daylight :)

I think the hatrick was missed cos of me saying " and here comes the hatrick" :lol:

I was very impressed with the .17 even in that wind! which at times nearly ripped the Landy door off, by the way hows your kneecap :lol:

As for the fox, I wouldn't worry mate. Having seen you bowl over bunnies at 120 yds with precise head shots in that wind, there's no doubting your shooting ability :no: You just need to get over the "fox fever" :P

SS

thats the stupid thing about the .17 and wind argument if you reduce the range you shoot at to about the max you'd bother at with a .22lr then you hardly notice the effects. It has to be pretty strong on 80-90 yard shots before you need to compensate much. The last night we had out on bunnies was very windy yet the kill ratio was pretty acceptable at about 95% :)

• 3 weeks later...