Lee Load all 2 and 21/2 carts

I'm struggling locally to find 2 1/2 inch carts for my s/s and have thought of getting a Load all 2 (they are about £45) and trying to reload my own I'd need to do a clay cart and a game. My thinking is I can use the 2 1/2" in my O/U.

Is the load all2 a complete package?

Is it easy to use and is it worth doing?

Can I use the same part in both shells apart from shot and just beef up the powder with the right formular?

yes you can, you can use the same formula for both guns as long as you keep the shot weight the same. The size of shot doesn't matter.

I have a Lee loadall and it is easy to use and all you will need is a set of powder scales to check the shot and powder charge. I got mine from Ebay for a tenner.

I have loaded fibre and plastic wad cartridges in 1oz loads to good effect. You don't save that much money unless you can get your loading bits from the for sale ads in the magazines. The shot is the dearest component.

It is quite satisfactory to break a caly or shoot a pigeon with a cartridge you have loaded yourself.

I'm struggling locally to find 2 1/2 inch carts for my s/s and have thought of getting a Load all 2 (they are about £45) and trying to reload my own I'd need to do a clay cart and a game. My thinking is I can use the 2 1/2" in my O/U.

Is the load all2 a complete package?

Is it easy to use and is it worth doing?

Can I use the same part in both shells apart from shot and just beef up the powder with the right formular?

hull comp x 21g - 65mm cart ..... try and find these great cart too :yes:

justcartridges sell them mail order ...... should be around £120 per thousand but hull prices do change

This is true...

So I just hack-sawed away the bottom of the crimping chamber and I can now load 65mm shells. :yes:

FM :oops:

Absolutely! From the underside of the tool bar measure 62mm and cut off the excess. The press will now load 70mm and 65mm.

The pics also show how the press and bushes can be converted and made adjustable.

DCP_3344.jpg

DCP_3348.jpg

Edited by Floating Chamber

Have you removed the 8 star crimping station there Alan?

On my 20 bore loader the 6 star seems to be at the front and the 8 star at the back... which I suppose is more useful really. :rolleyes:

FM :yes:

True, Ollie. The 8 -star is at the front of a 12 gauge Lee and I find it useless and in the way - especially with my arthritic fingers. The 6-point on the 20-gauge model is indeed at the front, thank Heaven!

FC

So guys cheers for your help when I have my load all 2 (cut a bit off) and scales.

Can I just order all the componets of the net and who is best to go to (anyone near Chester).

What the best forumla for a 21/2 clay shell, using some old Hull comp x 7.5 and eley impax 6 at the mo.