HELP ANYONE ???

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i am legal and yes i am a novice

yes i have shot a little bit but that does not mean that i know everything

i am asking questions so that i can learn..

not be treated like a total moron

Try not to take it to heart, we have had some right old mentalists on here of late and are all a bit jumpy.

IMHO, (and it is only my opinion), forget .22lr for foxes, you will not get that as a condition on your FAC. I use 36g of number 1's through half choke in my 12 bore out to 30 yards for them and am yet to get a runner.

ZB

Angel ,

May i surgest that you sit down and have a good think about your situation and have a good think as to what you want to ask questions about . Lots of novices come on to this forum to ask questions and are normally treated with respect and given sound advice . Just sit down old son and have a think before asking your questions .

Best wishes , Harnser .

thats NOT a variation.

Yes it is

"Variation of a firearms certificate

Firearm Certificate holders may apply for a variation to their certificate either to replace an existing gun or to increase the amount of guns held. Other variation applications include requests for increase in ammunition and sometimes changes to conditions. The certificate holder must submit their current firearm certificate, along with a completed Form 101,

In the case of an increase in the number of firearm(s)/ammunition, the certificate holder must also include the fee of £26.00".

sure the lad can answer for himself thanks.

I'm sure he can, but if I want to post on here, I will.

should all be treated the same

True, but as markbivvy said, emotive subjects like .22lr for foxes is a classic opening gambit of antis and trolls, so people's hackles go from 0-60 fast when a new user asks about it. You were just unfortunate.

Put it down to experience. I wholeheartedly agree with those that have said to see if you can hook up with an older hand on here to get some experience, and to ask whatever you like without the rest of us piling in on you.

ZB

Yes it is

"Variation of a firearms certificate

Firearm Certificate holders may apply for a variation to their certificate either to replace an existing gun or to increase the amount of guns held. Other variation applications include requests for increase in ammunition and sometimes changes to conditions. The certificate holder must submit their current firearm certificate, along with a completed Form 101,

In the case of an increase in the number of firearm(s)/ammunition, the certificate holder must also include the fee of £26.00".

I'm sure he can, but if I want to post on here, I will.

in west yorks its Not a variation.

i would but i dont have anyone to ask that is whi i asked on here

the other shooters i know shoot 17hmr on other land (thats why i was asking is it legal to shoot foxes with .22)

i did not know there was a problem with it

and the farmer of this land only wants me to use .22 or shotguns

NAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

You have had your ticket for a few days but you have been shooting rifles for 2 years and even though you must have used loads of ammo in that time you "think" there is some expanding ammo.Where did you get your ammo from before ?

Normally anyone that is getting into shooting would look into it first.You dont just wake up one morning and go out and start any hobby without doing any research into whats involved,what equipment etc etc.

You also say "i dont know anybody to ask" and then in the very next line say "all the shooters i know" :good: plus what about all the shooters at this rifle club you have been a member of for 2 years ?Target shooters probably spend more time anoraking(real word,honest)over types of ammo and would be able to bore you to tears on types and merits of ammo.

I would like to think you are a wind up merchant as in my opinion i don't think you should be allowed to get on the 357 bus unaccompanied never mind point one at anything.

Hi Guys

I have only recently joined this forum so please forgive my interruption of your ongoing investigation into Angelo's credibility. At the risk of receiving some flack from you 'experienced' shooters I have followed this thread with some interest and would like to add my opinion for what its worth.

My point - Giving him the benefit of the doubt, Angelo is obviously not very experienced and rather than criticise him for his lack of knowledge, the more experienced shooters amongst you ought to be helping and advising him, providing the correct and proper answers to the questions he asks.

If he is a raving anti - then he will know that the people on this forum are responsible and caring sportsmen and women and that they have nothing to hide and are not in any way at all ashamed of their sport.

On the other hand, if he is a genuine novice that really is looking for help and assistance, then the advice he receives will make him a better sportsman and hopefully encourage him to continue to ask for help and advice throughout his shooting life.

Do you not think it is better to waste your time trying to 'educate pork' than to risk yet another potentially fatal accident or act of stupidity bringing our sport into disrepute? If he is genuine, we could enhance his gratification, point him in the right direction on all aspects of gun safety, and encourage others to participate in the question and answer aspect of this forum. If he is not genuine, he is at least going to know that you are a responsible group of sportsmen who care about gun safety and the humane way in which you both respect and despatch your chosen quarry species.

I apologise if this sounds a bit like a soapbox speech, but I would like you all to consider the benefits of providing sound practical advice to those who ask for it – regardless of their reasons.

A lot of people from South Wales on here all of a sudden :good:

Seriously though, who cares?

Since this has been going on, the chap in question has edited his signature quite a few times to remove details of when he purportedly applied for his various licenses, was visited and was ultimately granted. Why? Because none of the dates stacked up.

I agree with Blackbart, to suggest that a target shooter with 2 years under his belt wouldn't know about expanding ammo is just not credible.

Also, if he's a target shooter, why not buy a .22 target rifle?

Also, which force would be brave enough to state .22RF for foxes and to a new applicant?

Lets have a scan up of the licenses - blank out the name and address by all means, but let have a look.

I am not inclined to entertain questions or discussions with people telling porkies, so lets get it straightened up asap?

Yes we also have Pigeons in South Wales too.

The simple point being that by answering questions in an honest and professional way you do not risk putting the genuine novice off from asking what might be stupid questions to the more experienced, and perhaps contribute to an accident or gross act of stupidity which will definitely hit the headlines and do nothing for our sport.

mungler

i was only asking if it is legal to shoot foxes with a .22 (this does not mean i was going to do it)

i do not know much about the types of ammunition used because the only bullets the club let you use are normal lead standard velocity and not jacketed or expanding

i did not buy a target rifle because the club i am in now will let me use theirs if i get anywhere near shooting in a competion and i broke my wrist when i was younger (hence the reason i left the first club.. i could not hold up the heavy rifle even with a sling as it is very weak)

Hi Guys

I have only recently joined this forum so please forgive my interruption of your ongoing investigation into Angelo's credibility. At the risk of receiving some flack from you 'experienced' shooters I have followed this thread with some interest and would like to add my opinion for what its worth.

My point - Giving him the benefit of the doubt, Angelo is obviously not very experienced and rather than criticise him for his lack of knowledge, the more experienced shooters amongst you ought to be helping and advising him, providing the correct and proper answers to the questions he asks.

If he is a raving anti - then he will know that the people on this forum are responsible and caring sportsmen and women and that they have nothing to hide and are not in any way at all ashamed of their sport.

On the other hand, if he is a genuine novice that really is looking for help and assistance, then the advice he receives will make him a better sportsman and hopefully encourage him to continue to ask for help and advice throughout his shooting life.

Do you not think it is better to waste your time trying to 'educate pork' than to risk yet another potentially fatal accident or act of stupidity bringing our sport into disrepute? If he is genuine, we could enhance his gratification, point him in the right direction on all aspects of gun safety, and encourage others to participate in the question and answer aspect of this forum. If he is not genuine, he is at least going to know that you are a responsible group of sportsmen who care about gun safety and the humane way in which you both respect and despatch your chosen quarry species.

I apologise if this sounds a bit like a soapbox speech, but I would like you all to consider the benefits of providing sound practical advice to those who ask for it – regardless of their reasons.

spot on :good:

innocent till proven guilty in my eyes,even if he /she is a raving loony ,anti,troll or any other thing you wanna call them,wouldnt really hurt to give some benefit of the doubt and try and be civil just in case he s genuine.ive said it before and probably will again,getting to much like the bbs on here with members thinking they need to police the site,attack verbally new members for asking seemingly stupid questions,or spelling mistakes and alike.the mods do a sterling job on here so leave it to them to decide if someone is wrong doing in any way.

Angelo pm me if you would like to discuss further.

Shooting Fox with a .22 is perfectly legal, however there are fundamental rules that apply to ensure that the Fox does not suffer a lingering death.

Is it?

Only if the conditions on your FAC state that it is. The question often gets raised on here whether a fox is classed the same as vermin in FAC wording. Perhaps you will be the guinea pig for the test case.

I agree with Mungler as well, If AT has been target shooting for two years then why didn't he buy a dedicated target rifle? You have said that you use a club rifle and cannot hold a target rifle. So what do you use at your club then?

How did you get your FAC and what reason did you give? if you gave target shooting then your FAC will be conditioned so you can only use said rifle at approved ranges and for target shooting only. You will also not have expanding ammo on your ticket.

you dont HAVE to use target rifles in a club mind you can use other things

my reason was target shootong but i said nothing about competition shooting so i dont have to get a target firle

i know it is only for target shooting and other approved ranges

and i know there is no expanding ammunition on it

thats why im asking questions now before i put in for the change of conditions to let me use the rifle on the land i have permission over

id give up mate,seems to be a essex anti welsh thing going on,as i said,if your stuck or need to know anything feel free to pm me. this is going know where you ll be repeating your self over and over .id pm admin and ask for thread to be closed and forget you asked mate. :hmm: