starlight32

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are Suffolk reds? Chickens?

I knew you lot were uncivilised barbarians :unsure:

Arent "Reds" a type of brick ?

In answer to your queries, Suffolk reds are made from bullock scrotum, perfectly fashioned into airbourne targets, clays are expensive these days.

Getting these can be quite difficult, it normally entails getting behind the animal to perform the castration process, A tradition normally carried out by divorced women of the county.

Why you fancy trying Mung/LV?

Edited by starlight32

Arent "Reds" a type of brick ?

In answer to your queries, Suffolk reds are made from bullock scrotum, perfectly fashioned into airbourne targets, clays are expensive these days.

Getting these can be quite difficult, it normally entails getting behind the animal to perform the castration process, A tradition normally carried out by divorced women of the county.

Why you fancy trying Mung/LV?

How red are they Rob ?

It's just that Bazza may have told some people before *giggles* that he has problems seeing orange clays. A condition brought on by too much monkey spanking over donkey poorn as a youngster I believe...

:unsure: ALL ORANGE? :oops:

They'll hear the swearing in Norfolk... :lol:

EDIT: Cant wait to hear Bazzas write up on this one....... :lol: You might want to put some suncream on your winky Bazza as it might be out quite a bit....

Edited by LV

I've heard about this shoot before and its all orange birds - I prefer the black ones myself. A mate shot there and didn't hit **** as it was the first time he had shot at orange clays. It does take a bit of getting used to. I do prefer the real Woody targets and the 'poomf' of feathers when you make contact :good:

Hello again,

Starlight, you are a one, aren't you?

Thank you for mentioning our Open shoot a while back on this esteemed forum, there have never been so many people look at www.westletongunclub.co.uk nor have I had so much interest in our Open shoot in aid of Westleton Barrel Fail - full details of which can be found at www.westletonbarrelfair.com.

I do have to take you to task, however, on these scurrilous rumours which have recently appeared concerning my use of Suffolk Reds. Let it be known that due to a lack of castration bricks and the subsequent cost of production, these are only to be used at our Christmas Shoot, a jovial affair at which I use Suffolk Reds, Cow Parsley Greens and Charolais Whites to stimulate enjoyment at Yuletide time where otherwise there would be none.

It is encumbent upon me, as the bloke who sets up the shoot you're taking about, to let you all into a secret. Gather round your keyboard and I'll whisper........

There will be two orange targets, all the rest will be black!

Thank you for your continued interest,

50 bird Sporting over 5 stands, shooting starts at 11.00am, last card at 4.00pm, £10 entry, £8 re-entry, fibre/felt wad only, please.

WGC.

WGC here again -

I forgot to mention that for all the air gunners out there, the Westleton Airgun Club will be running a have-a-go day on their sporting ranges in the bottom of the pit on Sunday 14th June alongside our clay shoot. Have a look at http://www.westletongunclub.co.uk/airgun.htm for more details about what they do.

STOP PRESS.........

The last stand will be my humble version of a 3 trap mini-sporting using both towers!

We shall also have a pool shoot consisting of several traps showing a compact and/or flush!

Thank you for your continued interest in my website, I look forward to seeing a few of you on Sunday.

WGC

:good: You can be so cruella sometimes lv...........

Baz, I am wearing my new shooting outfit on Sunday but I am worried you might walk straight past me...

orange_tuxedo_costume.jpg

WGC here again -

I forgot to mention that for all the air gunners out there, the Westleton Airgun Club will be running a have-a-go day on their sporting ranges in the bottom of the pit on Sunday 14th June alongside our clay shoot. Have a look at http://www.westletongunclub.co.uk/airgun.htm for more details about what they do.

STOP PRESS.........

The last stand will be my humble version of a 3 trap mini-sporting using both towers!

We shall also have a pool shoot consisting of several traps showing a compact and/or flush!

Thank you for your continued interest in my website, I look forward to seeing a few of you on Sunday.

WGC

Ok,Ok you've sold it to us now, don't worry we will all be there......

Just wondered if wildwest cowboy action shooting will be on this year as well complete with Robert Redford & Clint Eastwood lookalikes?

Oh and please Essex lads, no punt guns with an internal bore of over 1.75", as we have a sound restriction on the ground.

Regards

starlight