breeding age?

Windy

Do you mean technically or being able to register the pups with the Kennel Club?

The former is as long as she is fit and healthy and the latter is up until she is seven.

Personally, I wouldn't breed after seven anyway. Especially if its a first litter!

GH

to be honest I hadnt really considered the KC. However, good point. My springer is KC registered, so if were to go ahead, would probably look to keep things 'in the club'. She is coming up for 5yrs old. Looking at her family history, she's got some good stock (Badgercourt amongst others off the top of my head).

She is in very good shape, and always raring to go. Have had springers all my life, but have never had pups. Wasnt sure if there was a 'breeding age group'.

Cheers

If you think she is a good example of the breed and a good dog then go for it :good: She sounds great :blink:

I would never breed a dog that I didn't think "this dog has something to offer to better the breed!"

Lots of people just breed for profit :good:

I keep working terriers, so its a bit of a different opinion from me :good: . I believe you should only breed from a dog thats proven itself in the line of work it was bred to do, and it needs to be a constant worker for more than just a couple of seasons. I dont care much what the dogs parent, grandparents ect are as long as there are workers, I have never thought about breeding from a dog just because it is bred right. So for me I wouldnt breed from a dog under the age of 5 yrs old and a bitch I treat differently, I breed from her at the age of 3 yrs old after 1-2 seasons work (all these pups are retained between a few chosen friends), then when she reaches 6 yrs old I breed her as a proven worker. The reason I breed a bitch at 3 yrs old is I think older bitches can have problems if they havent had a litter when younger.