new gun

dazza

Guest Mr Pieman

Lovely gun :rolleyes: I love Berettas - but HATE those silly chokes that stick out of the barrels!!! Personal taste I suppose. I hope you are both very happy together for many years to come :D:D:D :o

PP

Right let's start a book.

How long until this new Bereta is back at the gunsmiths whilst under warranty??

My last one lasted 176 shots until something went boing, click, graunch!!. :wacko:

Lovely to look at and at their best when locked in the cabinet.

Bereta- Is this Italian for made on a friday after lunch?? :lol:

Right let's start a book.

How long until this new Bereta is back at the gunsmiths whilst under warranty??

My last one lasted 176 shots until something went boing, click, graunch!!. :wacko:

Lovely to look at and at their best when locked in the cabinet.

Bereta- Is this Italian for made on a friday after lunch?? :lol:

lol, ammusing

ive never seen a semi go wrong, and the few o/u ive used have seemed to be made well enough

still preffer a browning over them......but this is down to the deisign and functionality, and what i said above i still feel is true

but they dont feel as sterile as a browning, they somehow feel used when you 1st get them, kind of gives them more of a personality than jap guns, (used a few..mainly semi's though)

Im sorry but i have to ask ,what do you mean by that statement :lol: :wacko:

i have a number of Brownings ,none of which " feel sterile " and 2 have very good personalities (pics posted "the twins" ) they dont like you now :lol:

the question was

whats so good about berreta's?

are they a really good gun or is it just the name that you like?

jake

the answer would be "yes ",they are a quality gun as are many others .

the price can and will influence peoples personal choice,at the end of the day you will find good and bad quality across the board as far as guns go .

Mr P ,the ext'd chokes can also protect the muzzle,s from damage in the field or range ,id rather replace them than the barrels ,but as you say personal choice ,paint them black you'd never know .

to quote

dunganick , ive never seen a semi go wrong, and the few o/u ive used have seemed to be made well enough.

"me ive yet to see a semi that hasent gone wrong, oh and ive seen and used many "

still preffer a browning over them......but this is down to the deisign and functionality, and what i said above i still feel is true.

i agree with you on your preferance of Browning over Berreta ,not because of the design ,millions in R+D both function as well as the other ,my preferance is the oversized bores of the Browning ,less felt recoil , my barrels run

1/ @ .742" .741"

2/ @ .741" .742"

3/ @ .742" .742"

most of the Berretas i have measured and owned run around .734" and lower ,

choke restrictions also play a large pt .

again start throwing 200/300/400 shells a day into a berreta and the effect shows in shooter fatigue.

just my opinion

Martin

Guest Mr Pieman

Martin,

I liked your well balanced article right up to the last sentence. Shooter fatigue is primarily down to the individual - not the gun. My Beretta has a lot of recoil, or so friends who have used it tell me. However, I find it stress free and have often shot several hundred cartridges through it on 'crazy clay' days. All guns recoil, some more than others. All people absorb/suffer from recoil, again some more than others.

PP

Edited by Mr Pieman

but they dont feel as sterile as a browning, they somehow feel used when you 1st get them, kind of gives them more of a personality than jap guns, (used a few..mainly semi's though)

Im sorry but i have to ask ,what do you mean by that statement :lol: :wacko:

i have a number of Brownings ,none of which " feel sterile " and 2 have very good personalities (pics posted "the twins" ) they dont like you now :lol:

fair enough, but to me they just feel like they are so well made, but they are identicle to the next gun, where as a beretta feels different to every other gun, some are loose some are tight (this being down more than likely to the fine design of the browning actions)

if you have brownings that feel unique then fair enough....they certainly look like lovely little pieces, but if its feeling you are after i think beretta would have it in my opinion, (still wouldnt have one) :lol:

just a kind of gut instrinct i have.....kinda hard to explain

Martin,

I liked your well balanced article right up to the last sentence.  Shooter fatigue is primarily down to the individual - not the gun.  My Beretta has a lot of recoil, or so friends who have used it tell me.  However, I find it stress free and have often shot several hundred cartridges through it on 'crazy clay' days.  All guns recoil, some more than others.  All people absorb/sffer from recoil, again some more than others.

PP

point taken Mr P , maybe i should have said "in my experience" .

All guns recoil, some more than others. All people absorb/sffer from recoil, again some more than others.

absolutly correct :wacko: , but as i said 2 disimalar model guns firing the same load will react in the same shoulder quite different , lets say the a Baikel against your Berreta ,if memory serves the last Baikel i shot here was 4 years ago , the gun is built with cost in mind low grade wood light and bucks like a bronco the Berreta good solid platform good wood reduced recoil ,this just an example .

my experience with both the Browning and Berreta , i like both from a quality point , from a shooting point ,i prefer the Browning

many, certanly, not all shooters i tutor like the Browning more , to quote a few

" its more forgiving" "it dosent hurt like the other gun"

as i said before Mr P i do own both Brownings, a 4 set Miroku and Berretas its a preferance thing.

thanks for the polite reply :lol:

Martin

P.S .Sorry Dazza , lovely gun ,you have fun shooting it :*)

Edited by the last engineer

Guest Mr Pieman

Martin,

presuming you are a 'muzzle aware' shooter - the safest shooters there are around, how exactly are your muzzles going to get damaged? :wacko: :lol::lol:

PP

Martin,

presuming you are a 'muzzle aware' shooter - the safest shooters there are around, how exactly are your muzzles going to get damaged? :wacko: :lol::lol:

PP

PP , ive pondered over the answer to this ,so here goes .

1ST my apologies to anyone offended ,but again my personal experience"s and observations .

I shoot 10's of 1000's of rounds on target per year , in the field at game i would say less than 2000 per year (take into consideration half the year is at minus bloody 30 celcius :lol: ), i have found that for the most part target shooters are safe , i would say in the high 90% , every year a lot of field shooters come to the range to

" brush up " on their skills , other than "new shooters" i find these guys the worst for safety and gun handling ,not all i hasten to add but for the most part the inability to recognise that there are other people on the range so swinging a gun around is not an option ,you would cringe at the amount of times i have had to ask the owner of a semi auto to remove it from over his shoulder (pointing backwards) and take his finger off the trigger , the gun being held (auto again ) at the hip horizontaly action closed ,o/under sxs closed whilst walking to or from the stands , the amount of shooters that will for some reason only known to them put the muzzles on the floor then lean on the gun open this time (there is your damage)

this one will kill you ,the shooter taking a pair at station 7 skeet swings to the high incoming bird only to run his gun into the side of the house .

it sounds like the worst range in the world dont you think , fact not one person has been injured (shooting related ) in the 29 years the range has operated .

i was a former director of sporting clays for 3 years at the range "Strathcona "

i wont say im an expert ,that would be very presumtious of me ,but i am a very concious and safety minded experienced shooter who will offer any and all help i can to encourage shooters to continue the sport in a safe manner .

I hope i dont reap the wrath of field shooters over this .

Martin

Martin,

I liked your well balanced article right up to the last sentence.  Shooter fatigue is primarily down to the individual - not the gun.  My Beretta has a lot of recoil, or so friends who have used it tell me.  However, I find it stress free and have often shot several hundred cartridges through it on 'crazy clay' days.  All guns recoil, some more than others.  All people absorb/sffer from recoil, again some more than others.

PP

point taken Mr P , maybe i should have said "in my experience" .

All guns recoil, some more than others. All people absorb/sffer from recoil, again some more than others.

absolutly correct :lol: , but as i said 2 disimalar model guns firing the same load will react in the same shoulder quite different , lets say the a Baikel against your Berreta ,if memory serves the last Baikel i shot here was 4 years ago , the gun is built with cost in mind low grade wood light and bucks like a bronco the Berreta good solid platform good wood reduced recoil ,this just an example .

my experience with both the Browning and Berreta , i like both from a quality point , from a shooting point ,i prefer the Browning

many, certanly, not all shooters i tutor like the Browning more , to quote a few

" its more forgiving" "it dosent hurt like the other gun"

as i said before Mr P i do own both Brownings, a 4 set Miroku and Berretas its a preferance thing.

thanks for the polite reply :lol:

Martin

P.S .Sorry Dazza , lovely gun ,you have fun shooting it :*)

Thanks for the Mossy over 'there' :o

LB :o