Battery powered heated socks

Can anyone comment on battery powered heated socks?I went out shooting today and although i had a pair of danner boots on my feet were very cold.I have seen these socks in the deben catalogue priced at £28.95 and thought they might be a usefull purchase.Can you get them cheaper elsewhere?Any feedback will be much apperciated. :crazy:

Sean.

I bought a pair of the "lambswool" boot inserts, some years ago.

I don,t get cold feet anymore.

The "hot foot" thermal boots sold in fishing tackle shops are very good as well.

The only problem with them, is that the foam inserts only last about a year of heavy use.

If you walk around a lot in them, they are so hot, they will make your feet sweat.

Thats what rots the foam inserts. :crazy:

Thanks rob.I dont really want to buy another pair of boots as i have a pair of danners which cost me £220.00 about 3 years ago.I like the boots as they are 100 percent waterproof but unless you are walking around in them my feet get cold.Oh good point about the smoking yp i will have to stop soon,they make me feel 59 not 29  :crazy:

Regards sean.

The best boots i have ever owned and have had them for 25 years are Norwegian seal skin boots with lambs wool inside

they are only good in snow and frosty weather as I dont think they would bear up to muddy fields However they are waterproof and it is almost impossible to slip in them due to the specially designed sole. These boots are like slippers to wear and actually look quite stupid due to the rumple stiltskin type point stitching on the top of them But who cares they have kept my feet warm in the coldest conditions

They cost about £45 back in those days  :*)

• 3 weeks later...