Over the Strawberries

Lez325

New shotgun and an absolute novice its taken ages to get my head around this shotgun lark

Any-how I went over a fruit farm shoot of mine last night with my shooting buddy who is a novice too from 6pm to 8pm set up a real tree hide 10 x sillosock deeks and a pigeon magnet with 2 x Hypa-flaps and bagged 20 of these flying rats all taken over a Strawberry field- the deeks we had to raise above the crop but the woodies were feeding between the roes on clover and some other weeds- not touching the Strawberries ( I was of course) :no: 14 in the photo as some landed in a corn field behind us and were lost in the crop.

good to eat though and Im so chuffed I can knock them out of the sky- so different to rifle shooting and the Baikal performed like a good Un

Not bad for 1st timers if I say so myself- roll on the pea and rape fields we have - looking forward to some real Pigeon action in the coming months

Les :good::hmm::lol:

14woodies.jpg

Edited by Lez325

Nice! Birds look lovely examples too. The wood looks smart on that gun.

Well done!

its a Baikal- I just removed the original finish and rubbed in some danish oil for a day or 3

Flying rats is my name for them as they seem to eat all in their path

No Dave over one of my many Fruit Farm shoots mate- :good: you have pm fella

Les :good:

Edited by Lez325

Ahh yes but unlike rats this noble quarry species does not spread contagious diseases, provide a sporting challenge that is unequaled all year round and tastes delicious. :oops:

FM :lol:

Fair shout - I cannot argue with that- and they do taste nice :good:

Les :lol: