i smell something fishy !!!!!!!!!

chandelierman

Ok,

Yesterday i had a PM regarding my TDR,the fella had only just joined and had made no posts,he wanted to buy my TDR and pay via Paypal,he never asked anything about it nor did he ask to see any photos,all he wanted was for me too send him a paypal request for the full amount :blink: i have got 2 others on it at the moment so half declined his offer,i did however come back with a counter offer that he pay either by cheque or put the funds direct into my account......so far no further contact from him....................does this sound a bit suspect?:good: i won't name him "just in case" he is bonifide but if anyone wants to PM me then i will pass on his user id :lol:

If all he has is sort code and account number, and that is all he needs, then he cannot take money out. Every time you send someone a cheque you reveal all that info anyway, so no need to be worried there.

As for the matter in general, who knows, if you don't like the vibe then don't do it.

I am not worried about divulging my account number and sort code :D he had suggested paypal and i replied that i as he was a newby with zero posts i would be wary of accepting a paypal payment,just as when i sell on ebay i do not like dealing with zero feedbackers ( i know everyone has to start somewhere ).........it is far too easy to have the money snatched back from paypal ie: someone could claim that the paypal payment was unauthorised then paypal would issue a refund and it would then be upto the seller to get the goods back :lol: ( i speak from experience )

I won't name him..............................YET :blink: the mods could check him out tho' he joined 23rd June 2009 and is from up north

Who knows he might be full of good intentions :blink: or maybe not :good: i am busy culling the next doors rat population with my TDR so it looks like i'll be keeping it for a while yet :good:

I can't see how Paypal could do a claim back on this as you will have license details to prove he has the gun

How do you propose sending him the gun ......via RFD I assume

I would however be worried he doesn't want any details or pictures of the gun

I can't see how Paypal could do a claim back on this as you will have license details to prove he has the gun

? really. :good:

How do you propose sending him the gun ......via RFD I assume (i would have said royal mail)

I would however be worried he doesn't want any details or pictures of the gun

You're likely to get more help and advice in Off Topic, so I've shifted the topic over :lol: .

ZB

Go get em, Zapp lad :blink:

Paypal cannot take money back unless you sent an item to an address other than the registered address for the account (the one the othe party verified) which is your falt really. If you post to the verified address then this account is legitimate and you keep the funds. I have had numerous occasions where some idiots tried to get me to post to addresses other than the verified for the account and told them I would not do that. The decent ones will say, OK, send it to the verified, the scammers will dissapear!

philSIDC: i am not selling a FAC rifle just a plain old AAS410 TDR

PSYXOLOGOS: if someone makes a purchase through paypal and it is unauthorised ie: some scally is using there friends / parents card "apparently" without consent then it is classed as an unauthorised payment and paypal will snatch back the money ( this is probably one of the reasons it takes 7 days to reach your account ) and leave it upto the seller to "try" and recover the goods,it has happen to 2 people that i know of :lol:

I have sent to registered address but without proof of delivery they will charge back :good:

As I said above as its on a Certificate it wouldn't be a problem

how do you know that?

philSIDC: i am not selling a FAC rifle just a plain old AAS410 TDR

PSYXOLOGOS: if someone makes a purchase through paypal and it is unauthorised ie: some scally is using there friends / parents card "apparently" without consent then it is classed as an unauthorised payment and paypal will snatch back the money ( this is probably one of the reasons it takes 7 days to reach your account ) and leave it upto the seller to "try" and recover the goods,it has happen to 2 people that i know of :D

:blink: thanks for clarifying I really don't know guns other than shotguns

Good luck with your sale

you said it. Now, that is a really helpfull post. :lol:

I don't see anything "fishy" about the transaction as it has been described.

The potential Buyer may have only just joined, but the Seller has only been on here since March 2009, so its quite a level playing field in the credibility stakes.

If anyone has any concerns about the genuineness of a Buyer, or Seller, then don't do the deal.

You don't have to start, "i smell something fishy" threads.

one of my first posts on here was somthing for sale and the transaction went sweet as a nut not all people are out to con you . but if in doubt just dont do the deal

True say, I haven't been on here long and I'm already in the process of buying a rifle from another member. It could just be someone with cash burning a hole in their pocket, but I'd have to say trust your instincts as you'll be kicking yourself if it all goes **** up.

Just for the record I'm from oop north too and we're not all thieving monkeys (mostly, but not all)...

I don't see anything "fishy" about the transaction as it has been described.

The potential Buyer may have only just joined, but the Seller has only been on here since March 2009, so its quite a level playing field in the credibility stakes.

If anyone has any concerns about the genuineness of a Buyer, or Seller, then don't do the deal.

You don't have to start, "i smell something fishy" threads.

unless your a trainee fish smeller :blink: :yes::hmm::lol:

I bought an iPhone and other bits coming to a fair penny from Chandalierman and can vouch for him.

As far as Paypal is concerned, act in haste repent at leisure. They have a million and one ways of grabbing money back. If the transaction is for a few quid then you can take a punt. But for a few hundred quid then you're back to face to face or some other means of "cleared funds".

Someone hear stuck an earlier post up about how Paypal can grab a payment back..... I will see if I can find it.

Don't use PAYPAL an ymore myself. Sold two items to the value of nearly £100. 90 days later person reversed payment stating they never received items and PAYPAL are now demanding money back. All this despite explaining that i never had any emails stating no good received. £100 lotta money these days!!!

i have just been bumped for a rapid 7 i bought on here. the seller (midlandshunter) asked for the money £450 to be paid into his paypal acc, he never sent the gun, i then find out he has been banned before for the same thing,dirty ******. i belive the money is refundable through paypal but a load off agro. there are some real lowlifes out there,