leccy cables hit one the other day by accident nothing happend

Someone on here said that apparently the electricity board have quite a problem with dealing with cables that have been peppered with shot. You wont get killed, but I'd be careful, as I'm sure a thin cable could snap and you wouldn't want your farmer getting a letter from the electricity board asking why there's a snapped cable...

We get quite a few claims each year for people shooting electricity cables and telephone lines. Depending on the amount of damage it can cost up to £1000 to fix.

However there could be consequential costs as well, say you shot a line that took power to a dozen homes in a village – there 12 freezers full of food at least to add to the bill!

David

one of the stands at High Lodge has a clay that comes right into the killing zone close to an anchor cable for the high tower. me and my shooting mate were wondering how the inevitable peppering would do it.

Not a lot, its 3/4" wire rope.

However if it was conventional man made fibres it would have been a different matter.

Clint Eastwood did it after all, did'nt he?