squirell problem

hi all

a neighbor of mine has a squirell nesting in his soffit/roof i can sort that out but need to get rid of the b******** would it be illegal to do it with the shotgun as its near other houses,but at the rear where they are in the trees it backs onto a large field so it would be safe to shoot em but not sure about how the police would see it ,or is an airgun the answer. wuold like some advice please :lol: cheers terry b

Dont even concider shooting your shot gun in the garden and certinly not into the soffit of the house . Proberbly the best method would be an airgun if it is safe to do so . Proberbly late in the evening when less people around .

Harnser .

+1 for a late night with tyhe airgun and a flask of coffee. Theres all sorts of spakos out there that will ring the plod if they see a 'man with a gun' :lol:

There is another option that I have used in these cicumstances but not quite so sporting

Take a length of timber and wind 2 spirals of stripped copper were round so they do not touch, and place so the furry incumbant takes to using it as a route.

once in use, (on a dry day) connect live to one side and neutral to the other and plug in. once the critter is on switch on the power.

No bang and exit pest, however great care must be taken and the "trap" must not left unattended or live.

There is another option that I have used in these cicumstances but not quite so sporting

Take a length of timber and wind 2 spirals of stripped copper were round so they do not touch, and place so the furry incumbant takes to using it as a route.

once in use, (on a dry day) connect live to one side and neutral to the other and plug in. once the critter is on switch on the power.

No bang and exit pest, however great care must be taken and the "trap" must not left unattended or live.

If done please video for future reference!!! :blush:

The air gun every time.

Have a similar problem myself. I have tried using peanuts as bait but with no effect so far. Trying to get them down to ground level so that I know where the pellet will go when I miss :good:

Only one thing watch out for the dogwalkers. I am told they get a bit upset if they think you are shooting at them :good: